Chapter 7:

Photo of Lucy 

•▲•▼•▲•▼•▲•▼•▲•▼•▲•▼•▲•▼•▲

Damien's POV:

Holding the handle of the door I was about to exit Samuel's office, when the door swung open at impeccable speed and someone entered. All I saw was locks of brown hair before it came crashing right into me.

"Ow! My poor little nose! Please say I didn't walk into that same fluffen wall again!" She shouted in pain from where she was on ground. Before mumbling more curses at this imaginary door that she ran into.

Fluffen?
What the heck does that mean.
Wait,

She's walked into 'walls' before? I let out a deep chuckle at this new information. Bending over slightly, I held my abdomen with a flat palm, trying to catch my breath before regaining my composure.

Priceless I tell you, priceless! She looked up at me with an attempted death glare, though a smile was forming and fading on her lips. Her blue eyes met mine, so enchanting, they did look familiar though, like I have seen them somewhere before. Clearing my thoughts, I focused back on my surroundings.

"No, I'm not a wall but look out for those too." I said half-jokingly, maintaining my newly found composure as I helped her up. She let out silent laughter of her own before dusting off her clothes.

"This is so unlike me, but it is the most I've laughed in years." I tell her as I heard Samuel shuffle towards the door. He took a glance at the girl I was laughing with and his eyes shone a little bit with pride.

"Sorry about that little one, forgot about your usual stroll in habits. I would have placed the sign up," He said turning to a board that hung in the corner of the office. Guess she does this often.

"This is Alpha Damien, Damien this is Sherina." Samuel said gesturing to me with a tight face. Turning my attention to and from Samuel.

I stared at him, nodding my head in respect for the introduction. She must mean something to him if he willingly introduced me, I should have my men look into it. He nodded in return before facing the girl again.

Following lead, I was shocked. The strange blue-eyed girl, she was gone! I looked at Samuel.

"How? How'd she do that?" I asked him but he only shrugged.

Sherina's POV:

I ran far down the hallway as soon as Sam said his name. Around the corner I heard his confused voice.

"How? How'd she do that?"

At that I giggled softly to myself and ran out of the pack house all the way to where I knew Luke and the boys were at this time of the day.

When I first came here, I was a rouge looking for my long-lost family and found them here or at least one side of them, but I was told about Damien.

Yeah, I know that I'm not originally from the pack, and where I came from no one really wanted me or spoke to me, so I was a bit clueless as to many things.

Not anymore though...

Ever since I heard the rumours about what he does to other packs from them. I made a promise if I ever came across his path, I'd run like my life depended on it and find them.

Whether it be for help or just to notify them. I don't really know why they are so worried, he just laughed with me earlier!
Laughed! In all my years no rumour of him laughing was ever mentioned.

In the distance I saw the group in the water of our stream.

"He's here! With the Alpha!" I shouted breathing heavily, bending over trying to catch my breath. I knew I probably looked like a fish out of water at the moment.

"Who is here Rina?" asked Justin looking at me expecting an explanation for my shouting.

" Alpha Damien!" I said in broken phases. I could see them all turned visibly hard, clenching their jaws tightly I was almost afraid they'd break their teeth, but they merely got out of the water.

"Stay here." Carl said when he walked past. Justin gave my shoulder a light squeeze with a forced smile.

***

After they left the stream to go and make sure that Sam was still alive, I sat down and put my feet in the cold water. Spring was almost here, and my birthday was in two days. Sighing to myself I started singing a song I knew all too well after all these years. My mother used to sing me to sleep with it.

I wonder if my birthmother knows this song,

Would she sing it to me?

After a while I laid back and looked at the sky. Everything was so quiet, all I could hear was the water flowing around my feet. Closing my eyes, I listen to nature for what felt like hours on end.

"Goodnight, my angel, time to close your eyes,

And save these questions for another day.

I think I know what you've been asking me,

I think you know what I've been trying to say.

I promised I would never leave you,

Then you should always know,

Wherever you may go, no matter where you are,

I never will be far away."

Something cracking in the distance woke me up. Looking around I saw no one. Sitting upright I pulled my feet out of the stream and put my shoes back on.

Once on my feet, I headed into the direction from which the crack originated from. I came to a stop at the edge of a clearing, in the middle there was a wolf. Sniffing the air, no foul smell struck me, only unfamiliarity.

It wasn't a rogue, but it was also not from our pack.

So, me not being in a 'smart minded' mood. I approached it, even though I know I can't shift into a wolf or an angel until my birthday. Walking slowly as not to anger it further, I bowed my head in respect before lifting it and staring them in the eye.

Showcasing that I was of higher ranking. Which may be true, I don't know if I got the blood that my mother has, but I can hope and use it for now.

"Can you shift please?" I asked nicely. To my surprise the brown wolf went behind the tree and back came a boy in shorts, he must have had them hidden in the woods. He looked no older than Luke with brown hair and grey eyes.

"What are you doing on Star pack lands?" He asked in a calm voice, walking closer to me.

Star pack? I have no idea who they are, but then again, I don't know much about other pack's.

"Um, I didn't know this was your pack lands, I can go back if you want me to leave?" I looked up at him and saw in his face that I'm not going to leave that easily.

"You'll have to come with me, my alpha will decide whether you can live to see another day or not." He said in a 'that's final' like voice. Consequently, I just nodded and followed him to their pack house.

×♥×♥×

vote and comment my sugarcubes

×♥×♥×

Lizabeth