Chapter 26: Hunger...

Stiles' POV

I couldn't believe that Scott, of all people, was asking me to do this.

"Stiles." Dad called, and put a reassuring hand on my shoulder. I looked into his sorrowful eyes, my heart breaking into a billion shattered pieces like glass when shattered by a incoming rock. "Son, we've thought this plan through. Thoroughly." He sighed, and I could sense that his heart was shattering too. "We have to try."

"Dad!" I stepped back in shock that he was actually telling me to do this. "I can't! I- I can't control it! I can't! I- I won't!" I began walking slowly backwards and I simply looked to everyone's face as they stood begging, pleading with their eyes for me to just go with it.

"Human!" I was grabbed violently by the arms, my shirt and jacket crinkling and rustling with his tight grip. I looked behind me swiftly, and it was Luca. "You will do it!" He snarled and threw me aggressively to the ground, and I landed with a hard thud as the leaves rustled loudly at my body colliding to the dirty ground.

Anger surged within me as I lay on the cold outdoor ground. My heart racing and my hands getting warmer. My breathing became heavier with every inhale, and I don't know how, but my soul felt... Hungry.

"Luca! What the hell?!" Malia ran to me, but I jolted back up, causing her to stop dead in her tracks.

~~~***~~~

Malia's POV

Stiles and Luca stood face-to-face, in complete silence. I didn't know what was happening, and I was afraid. Stiles got up so fast, I'd never seen him like that before. And Luca, his eyes began glowing and he snarled and growled, claws ready for the kill.

"You Wolfbloods think you can come here and act like you own us." Stiles said in a low, angered tone as he glared deep into Luca's soul.

"Our kind have been the Apex Predators since before the Dark Ages. So, what makes you think you can stop us?" Luca growled.

"Put them away, cub." Stiles sighed. "You'll just lose them." His voice sent sudden chills up my spine, and I turned to Scott. His face showed worry, as did Derek's and Lydia's.

"We have to do something." Kira whispered, nudging me lightly.

"Like what?" I mumbled back, my voice shaking at the thought of a battle breaking out before us.

"I should have killed you when I had the chance." Luca said.

"Luca," Rhydian stepped up behind Luca and placed his hand on his shoulder. "That's not what we came to do." Luca turned abruptly.

"Not what we came to do?!" He yelled in Rhydian's face.

"Luca, he's right!" Jana stood beside Rhydian.

"You sound like the Tames." Both Wolfbloods looked down, shame in their eyes as well as annoyance. "Kyle!" Luca called and the young boy - Katia's brother - stepped out from behind the others. "You are next in line for Alpha. It is your call."

"Luca!" Katia roared.

"Stand down!" Both the Alpha and Beta roared in each other's faces, and made the atmospher a whole lot more terrifying.

"Looks like there's a little disagreement going on." Peter mumbled.

"Quiet." Derek ordered.

"I think... It would be best to leave now." Isaac commented as we all gaped to the scene unravelling before us.

"I second that notion." Ethan quickly replied.

"No." Scott looked to us all. "We stay."

"Your funeral, kid." Peter coughed.