"He seems nice. Kind eyes." Nancy says as she moves through the room, picking up my discarded clothes and tidying up.

I frown as I turn back to the mirror, my mind once again going back to the young man.

He will be coming to stay at the house the next day for a few weeks, something like a trial period to see if he's a good fit for Leo, and I'm feeling nervous about it for some reason.

It's not as if Mihail would be the first nanny to stay in the house, seeing as I often have to work late or travel because of my job, and Nancy is getting there in age, so having a stay-in nanny is a must until Leo goes off to college which will happen a lot sooner than normal, but there is something about the man that makes me feel uneasy.

I don't think that there is something wrong with Mihail or that he's dangerous, I would never have hired him if that was the case, but still, I'm on the fence.

It may be just some prejudice in my subconsciousness since Mihail is a man and not a woman as I'm used to, but I refuse to give in to it if that's the case.

I've never been a prejudiced idiot and I'm not about to start now, especially when it seems as if my son has taken a liking to the young man.

"Alright." I say as I take my leather jacket and throw it on. "I'm off. I'll probably stay late tonight so don't wait up."

Nancy nods as I press a quick kiss on her cheek before making my way out of the house and into my car.

It's a Friday night, and I'm going out for the first time in what seems like forever. I've been working on a case for the past two months, pulling in long hours, going home just to shower and sleep before going back to the office. But the trial ended two days ago, a non-guilty verdict coming in, to my relief, and I'm finally able to take a night off.

I'm starting to feel a bit stir-crazy, unable to blow off some steam and it's beginning to show. I'm constantly agitated, and maybe that's the reason why I'm so nervous about Mihail.

I park my car across the club, smiling as I step out and lock it, before making my way across the road.

"Mr. Cross." the man guarding the entrance says, nodding to me and motioning for me to go in which I do.

Home, sweet home...

I think as I enter 'Whip', my eyes traveling over the crowd, as the smell of leather and sweat fills my nose.

I slowly make my way through the crowd and up the stairs that lead to the members-only section of the club, my smile growing as I see my best friend sitting at one of the tables.

"He's alive!" Stefan exclaims once I take a seat beside him, making me snort and roll my eyes at him.

"Yeah, yeah. Man, it's so good to be back." I say as Stefan motions for the waiter, ordering us non-alcoholic drinks since we are going to play.

"I honestly don't know how you do it. I would die if I went without a play for more than a week, let alone two months."

I shrug, taking a sip of my drink as I observe the crowd, knowing very well that my friend is serious.

Stefan is a Dom just like me, but he's much more serious about it than me.

I've been like him once, but after Jessica left something in me broke. I'm still a Dom and enjoy playing, but that urge that used to drive me is now missing.

I've had numerous Subs after my divorce, both male and female since I'm bisexual, but it never grew into something more. And, when once I would lose my mind if I didn't play at least once a week, now, I can go for months until the urge strikes me again.