Goodbye C.Y.

Not to long ago all of the last year residents took their boards. Now it was time for fellowships.

"Y/n, can we please talk about this?" Cristina practically begged in her voice.

"What do you want me to say! It's not my fault!"

"You could have accepted somewhere closer to Mayo not all the way on the other side of the country!"

"What, so I just have to go everywhere you go?"

"Thats not what I'm saying!" Cristina yells. Jackson walks in.

"Yes, Jackson, back me up on this. I shouldn't have to go everywhere Cristina goes right? It like she want me to be a dog!" Y/n ask/ screams.

"I'm saying you could have chosen somewhere closer to me! It's like you don't want to be with me or something!" Cristina yells back. Jackson just stands there awkwardly.

"Don't get me involved in this." Jackson says before quickly walking out. Y/n sighs loudly than also walks out the door leaving Cristina standing alone.

~a little later~

Y/n is talking to Callie.

"It's like she wants to control me make me go everywhere she does is so frustrating!"

"Y/n, just relax. You guys can do long distance right?"

"Please, you and me both know that long distance never works."

"Well, if you love her you should try."

"Cal, I don't think she would make that effort." Cristina is staring at Y/n and Callie talk from her table totally blocking out what Meredith is talking to her about.

"Cristina, are you even listening?" Meredith asks.

"Uh what sorry." Cristina asks focusing back on Meredith. Mer facepalms.

"Just talk to her."

"Every time I try it turns into an argument. Plus, I'm not going to change her mind and I'm not going to change mine."

"So what? You're just going to break up? After 2 years."

"I guess." Cristinas face falls as she says that.

~a week later~

Everyone is saying goodbye to Y/n as she is about to leave to go to the new hospital for her orthopedic fellowship. Cristina stares as Y/n hugs all of her friends. Once Y/n is alone Cristina walks over.

"So California huh?" Cristina asks trying to be civil.

"Yeah." They stand in silence for a second.

"Listen, I'm sorry I know I was being kinda controlling."

"Yeah, and I could have made more sacrifices for our relationship."

"Yeah." Silence fall upon them once again.

"I'm going to miss you, Cristina." Cristina smiles.

"I'm going to miss you too." Y/n leans in for one last kiss before she leaves her old life including Cristina behind.

"Goodbye."

"Goodbye."

                                            ✧☾✧