Chapter 37: The Pala-dead!

Start from the beginning

Everyone reached a rather gloomy looking forest that was swarmed with skeleton soldiers, which made Mystic rather uncomfortable.
"This isn't good," Mystic muttered.
"Are you here to help with the investigation?" A man who was standing nearby said, he was in a gold and silver outfit. He was holding a glowing polearm of some sort.
"Depends," Killer started, "What's the situation?"
"Paladins have gone missing, and we can't hold off enough of these skeletons to figure out what's going on," The man stated.
"We'll look into it," Killer turned to Hiro, "I want you to take most of my guild," He turned to Kloud. "You're with me,"
"What do you have planned?" Kloud questioned.
"Some training," Killer said going to a rather small clearing in the forest where a huge horde of skeletons. As Killer stood, he slowly reached behind his back and hip as if he was drawing some weapons, he pulled on nothing but it caused shadows to surround himself which then dispersed with a blinding light as he appeared in his DoomPaladin armor. "Let's see who can get to a thousand defeated skeletons first," You could hear Killer's smirk.
"You're sadistic," Kloud stated as he drew his sword. "So we're just holding everyone off, right?"
"Nope!" Killer shouted, which then started the onslaught of skeletons.
The blades were dancing as if completely sentient, both Killer's and Kloud's weapons slashed and hacked through skeletons, leaving massive piles of broken bones and skulls everywhere.
"Let's hurry," Mystic pushed everyone to the south, "There is a large gathering in the south, so that's where we should check first,"

Everyone slowly made their way south and a little to the east, battling the necessary skeleton when needed. Jacob was fending off a skeleton using a skeleton's rib cage and spinal cord, he was the last line of defense next to Butter Cup, Mystic, and Hiro.
"Hurry up and figure out what's going on!" Jacob shouted as he pushed the last three people ahead.
There at the edge of a sheer cliff with a dead tree nearby. And standing near the edge was an unspeakable fear. There stood a skeleton in paladin armor, and it sparked something inside Hiro.
"The Paladins are vanishing because they're becoming undead!" Hiro slowly broke down "The Paladins are becoming what they are meant to defeat!" He turned to Mystic "We can't let Artix here. He's one of the only Paladin's that can do this!"
"They're Pala-deads!" Butter Cup said happily
Hiro and Mystic slowly turned towards Butter Cup with questions in their eyes.
"I'm not gonna ask," Hiro stated.
"Probably the best choice in this situation," Mystic added. 

Butter Cup slowly began to slide toward the Pala-dead, arms slowly emerging from her sides to embrace him, he began slowly backing up but quickly reached the edge of the cliff, he glanced down it considering to jump, Butter Cup pulled him into a hug and you could hear his spine pop, like a squeaky toy being torn to shreds, she leaned to his non-ear.
"Ebrace the dead." She whispered, "Lord Spudacus shall forever love you."
She then shoved him off the cliff, another Butter Cup emerged from her back and began playing a chorus of sad kazoos, she turned to everyone with a bouquet of flowers that looked like her face.
"We are gathered here today for the deaf of the Pala-dead, may he forever rest in hashbrowns." She said tearfully.
Everyone watched as he fell from the sky and off the cliff again.
"Some say they can still hear his screams of agony." She pretended to wipe away tears, "Such a sad lonely Sbud."
"What just happened," Hiro questioned as he turned to Mystic. "How do you put up with this?"
"Painfully," Mystic added.

From the vantage point, they apparently had they saw the carnage that was Killer and Kloud mowing down people still. Waky Pants was apparently nearby with Retaniea keeping a score between the two.
"They should still have everything settled," Mystic said, "What next?"
"We should probably try to get behind enemy lines and figure out who the mastermind is behind these Pala-deads," Hiro mused. "I could probably make myself some sort of disguise to get behind enemy lines and-"
"I'm literally a skeleton!" Mystic shouted.
"Mystic?" Butter Cup whimpered, "You're dead?" She scooted over to Mystic with uncomfortably large watery eyes, "Why didn't you say so?!"
"Butter Cup, we've been over this," Mystic looked at Butter Cup with a very agitated glare, "I've been dead for as long as you've known me, that's why you harass me so much,"
"Ooooooooh!" Butter Cup mused, "I forgets!" She said happily.
"Do you know what you're getting yourself into?" Hiro asked.
"Butter Cup can't follow since she would easily bring attention to herself, and I look like nothing more than a normal Skeleton foot soldier, so I should easily be able to sneak in and out," Mystic said.
"This sounds like a terrible plan," Hiro said.
"Yours sounds worse since you stand out like a sore thumb," Mystic replied.
"Why not send Killer back there with his shiny Doomknight outfit?" Hiro asked.
"I just want some time alone, to be completely honest, I'm tired of you flesh sacks," Mystic replied.
"Ouch," Jacob said from nearby. He was still fighting off skeletons, but this time he was using a tree trunk.
"I'm going, no questions," Mystic said.
"I'll take you to the bottom!" Butter Cup said happily.
"I don't think-" Mystic started. He was instantly placed at the base of the cliff where the remains of the Pala-dead was.