Chapter 11: The Dragon Bond

Warnings: Fingering, oral (both receiving), Zeno being an absolute cutie pie

You returned to the castle shortly after that. After you spent the night and most of the following day with Jae-ha, you split your time among the rest of the dragons and Hak, trying to make sure no one was left out. 

During that time, you were surprised to find that they wanted to spend time with you outside of the bedroom. Pleasantly surprised, but surprised nonetheless. 

Zeno taught you and the other dragons games to play, Kija took time to share stories with you from his village that had been passed down through generations, you showed Shin-ah how to make flower crowns and Jae-ha had opted to make you a special meal.

Hak had been so tired that he took a nap while resting against you but you found that it was better than straining himself more. He never had been one to let down his guard easily, if at all, so the fact that he was allowing himself to relax made you even more glad that the dragons had joined you on your journey.

The cheerful yellow dragon had been the first one to sense that something was wrong and when prompted by him and his dragon brothers, you caved and told them what was on your mind.

Along with feeling like you stole them away from the lives they had been living, you were hesitant to bring them back so soon, feeling as though life in the castle would be too abrupt of a transition.

Kija reassured you that whatever you wanted, he did too. He boldly proclaimed that he would follow you anywhere, which Jae-ha teased that he only said that so he could sleep with you. The flustered white dragon stumbled over his words as he hastily protested that it was the reason and you giggled, lightly teasing him as well.

He had huffed under the jests made at his expense, crossing his arms over his chest stubbornly until you pecked his nose to get him to stop pretending to be upset.

Zeno latched onto your arm, eagerly convincing you that he wanted to go with you, wherever that was.

Tears sparkled in Shin-ah's eyes, wondering out loud if you were really trying to say that you didn't want him. After that, you practically glued yourself to his side so that he didn't think of that any longer.

And Hak had watched all of it fondly from the sidelines, an ache in his chest that he wished wasn't there.

It had only taken a week to reach the palace. Your room was the exact same as you left it. Yoon and Min-soo had greeted you enthusiastically, though the former desperately tried to hide how excited he was to see you. 

The arrival of the four dragons shook the kingdom greatly. Such figures of power were deemed gods and you were confident that Jae-ha was the only one enjoying all of the attention.

You received a warm welcome from Ik-soo as well, the priest elated that you had managed to find all four without too much trouble. He was so kind and soft-spoken that you feared the day he would leave to retire, wondering how he would fare in a world so selfish and inherently cruel.

The instant you got back, your father was engulfing you in a hug, giving the same treatment to Hak and then the rest of the dragons, much to Shin-ah and Jae-ha's surprise.

They were each given separate rooms but they were all in the same wing so that they could be close by. You were the only one that was far away since your quarters were on the opposite side of the castle.

The first week was tough.

Since you had been gone for a couple of months, you had to resume your duties and catch up on all the things you missed. The dragons, being the way that they were, had a difficult time leaving you alone but they had to since your relationship outside your group wasn't established yet.