⇢ CHAPTER 64

season 9 episode 14

"Every time I touch this thing," Meredith began to complain, tapping her finger on her tablet as Jackson slid up next to Holly at the Nurse's station, "it deletes another file

"Every time I touch this thing," Meredith began to complain, tapping her finger on her tablet as Jackson slid up next to Holly at the Nurse's station, "it deletes another file."

"How was the photoshoot?" Holly asked Jackson as she momentarily gazed up from her book, "Did you try on different outfits and poses?"

Jackson rolled his eyes at the joke with a smile before answering, "It went pretty good." 

"Mm." Holly hummed as she looked around the room with her nose scrunched up, "Listen, I'll support you, always, but if I see your face around every corner of the room, I'm going to get tired of it."

Jackson quirked an eyebrow at her, almost challenging her statement, "Really?"

Holly failed at hiding a smile before she confessed, "No."

"Who are your stalkers?" Meredith asked Jackson and Alex as Jo attempted to fix the problem with her tablet.

"Oh, uh," Alex moved his head to look at the photographers before answering Meredith's question, "the new guys are looking for a hospital show pony-- a face for the brochure."

"Alex and Jackson are competing head-to-head for this." Holly informed Meredith with a shrug, not understanding why Pegasus need a 'face' for the hospital.

Meredith quirked an eyebrow, "And why are there no women in the running?"

"Oh, there was." Cristina nodded as she bit into her apple, "I turned them down."

"I'm not an attending." Holly noted, sinking in her chair as she buried her nose back into her book, "So, they were interested, but couldn't formally ask me." 

As Alex, Cristina, Meredith, and Jo continued their conversation, Jackson leant down to whisper into Holly's ear, "There wouldn't have been a competition if you were a candidate."

Holly's face turned red before she turned around, inches away from kissing him before her eyes caught onto the cameraman readying their camera. Looking back at Jackson, Holly whispered, "I'm not kissing you if your entourage is going to tail me with questions about you."

Jackson momentarily looked at Larry, the cameraman who would be following him around for the day, before he glanced back at Holly with a smile, "Then I'll get Larry off my tail."

"Mm." Holly nodded as she smiled back at him as she reached over and grabbed her patient's tablet, "And then you should come find me."

After hearing from Jackson about April bringing in a patient to the hospital, Meredith helped as much as she could to prepare the E.R. for their incoming patient, "So," Meredith started after setting up the monitor for vitals, "what are we doing here?"