⇢ CHAPTER 79

season 10 episode 12

"Okay," Holly beamed, showing the monitor to Callie and Derek as they all sat in one of the scan rooms, "so first we determine the receptive field of all the sensors, right?"

Derek quirked a brow at her excitement, "Yeah."

"Okay." Holly's smile widened, "So—"

"Derek," Owen interrupted, walking into the room as Holly frowned, "the guys from Kleiss Neuroscience will be here in twenty."

"Oh, I can't." Derek shook his head, "I— Once I'm done here, I have to get Bailey to a music class."

"Um," Callie and Holly gave each other a look of confusion before the former voiced, "what's this?"

"They want to talk to me about a research thing." Derek filled in, making Callie and Holly antsy— which was exactly the reason he decided not to tell them.

"It's not just a 'thing'." Owen scoffed lightly, worsening Holly and Callie's reaction as they began to worry, "It is the presidential initiative on brain mapping. It is the thing."

"Okay. No." Callie chuckled, shaking her head as she informed, "We're starting phase two. Okay? He's my brain— our brain now." Callie corrected, pointing between her and Holly, "Meredith can have the rest. We get his brain."

"You have a mini-version of his brain already." Owen reasoned, gesturing to Holly.

"Well," Holly shrugged, "two is better than one, right?"

Derek nodded before he looked at the women and assured, "I'll get rid of them."

"No," Owen shook his head, "you won't. You will say 'yes' to them. And you're all gonna be at Kepner's wedding, yes?"

They all nodded before Holly began, "I need to get ready soon so..." She resumed their attention to the monitor, "here's my presentation."

Holly grumbled, feeling embarrassed as she exited the elevator— her usually straightened hair was now up in rollers as per April's request, and her main task now was to find the bridesmaids that were horrible at scheduling a dress fitting.

"I— stop." Holly warned, watching Jackson, who was tapping away on his patient's chart on his tablet by the Nurses' Station before his eyes landed on her, begin to approach her, "Don't laugh."

"I'm not laughing." Jackson denied, shaking his head lightly as he tried to hold in a chuckle, "You look—"

"Don't." Holly shook her head, closing her eyes briefly, "Don't say I look nice or beautiful, we both know it's a—"

"Fine." Jackson supplemented with a soft smile as he leaned down, "Like a train wreck." Holly squinted at him as he kissed her cheek before grinning, "Kidding."