⇢ CHAPTER 1

season 3 episode 25 & season 4 episode 1

Holly Kepner felt curiosity nip at her brain as she looked around the enormous hospital in front of her

Holly Kepner felt curiosity nip at her brain as she looked around the enormous hospital in front of her. She roamed the halls with excitement, anxiousness, and a sense of pride-- prideful that she was able to pass her M.C.A.T. and was one step forward to accomplishing her dreams-- to become a surgeon.

Her specialty? She didn't know.

But she was an intern. She had plenty of time to think and learn of what she'd want throughout the years. As for right now, she had to find out where the intern locker room was.

"Holly!" A voice called out, causing said girl to turn around and face the voice-- smiling when she saw it was one of the friends she made during the mixer, "Over here."

Seeing Lexie wave over to the room she passed, Holly walked back and made her way inside the room, her eyes scanning the room in awe.

"Do we get assigned lockers here or what?" One of the interns asked, looking at the different lockers.

"Dude, it stinks in here." Another one spoke.

"What do you want?" A different intern scoffed, "It's a locker room."

"No," The second one said, brushing his hand on a locker, "it's our locker room."

Holly and Lexie gave each other a look as one of the interns pointed, "You guys, look, bloody scrubs." They all stared amused, as if it was a glance into their future until the intern cleared their throat and caused all of them to see someone taking their stuff out of their locker.

George O'Malley stared back at the group of interns, whispering, "Hi."

One of the interns chuckled, "Hi."

"Come on, you guys." An intern awkwardly spoke as an attempt to get out of the awkward encounter, "Let's, um, let's go check out the cafeteria."

All of the interns, excluding Lexie and Holly, walked out of the room and towards the cafeteria. Leaving Lexie and Holly to glance at George.

"Hey." Lexie greeted as Holly waved.

George nodded at the girls, "Hi."

"We're the new interns." Holly chimed, pointing behind her to gesture at the people who left.

George nodded again, "Yeah."

"Well," Lexie started, "you look seasoned and wise. Um... got any advice?"

"No." George shook his head. Lexie awkwardly nodded and glanced at her watch as Holly shrugged, silently asking if they should leave before George spoke once more, "Learn how to do an appendectomy start to finish before your first day."

Holly smiled, "Thank you." She looked at his bag, "You're leaving?"

George turned to her as he took off a magnet, "Yeah."