⇢ CHAPTER 82

season 10 episode 16

"Hey," Jackson smiled, eating another cake flavor in the conference room as Holly entered— groaning before she face-planted onto the couch, "sweetheart

"Hey," Jackson smiled, eating another cake flavor in the conference room as Holly entered— groaning before she face-planted onto the couch, "sweetheart..." He abandoned the cakes, walking up to his fiancée in concern, "you okay?"

Holly pouted as she lifted her head up, wiping a stray tear that fell from her eye as she shook her head, "No."

"Oh—" Jackson's eyes widened a fraction of an inch— not expecting her to be crying before he placed the cake away and joined her, "what happened?"

"The President is trying to steal my best-friend and our sensors." Holly sniffled, sighing as she glanced down at the floor, "I know I'm overreacting— but I feel like I'm doing something great— like I-I'm changing the face of medicine by being on Callie's clinical trial with Derek where we're practically mapping brains by trying to help amputees and paralyzed people control robotic limbs and now Derek—" She scoffed, pointing to the door as if the man was there, "is being hunted by the President to join his stupid doctors in a research project that will map the brain and," She brought her hands to her face, "I'm a little jealous— but it also means we can't use the sensors anymore for Callie's project, and now Callie is trying to get legal involved and—" She lifted her head up to glance at Jackson, "I feel a little overwhelmed talking to you sometimes when you're trying to plan for the wedding... you go all bride-zilla..." she paused, tilting her head, "or is it husband-zilla?"

"Whichever is fine." Jackson assured, taking a seat next to Holly as she sat up, "Holl..." She exhaled, resting her head on his shoulder as he spoke, "you don't need to feel like you can't talk to me—"

"I know." Holly nodded, looking up at Jackson, "I know I can talk to you— b-but, honestly," She chuckled lightly, remembering his panicked face the previous day, "you kinda of scared me when you thought I lost the paper with all the venues you want to check." She beamed, "I like that you're taking over all the wedding planning."

"As long as you input your opinion every now and then," Jackson commented, wrapping an arm around Holly, "I'll be glad doing all of it."

Holly grinned, "Good."

"And," Jackson added, "I'm sure Derek will figure something out with the sensors— I doubt he'll just up and leave to D.C. without a plan."

"Mm." Holly hummed, resting her head on his shoulder again as he eyes landed on the cake in front of her, "I hope so."

"...On that note," Jackson side-tracked, reaching over to the cake he placed away when Holly entered before he handed it to Holly, "you want to try some cakes?"

Holly pursed her lips, glancing over at the numerous hundreds of cakes in front of her before she exhaled and shrugged, "Okay."

Jackson smiled, "Yes!" He abruptly stood, walking over to the conference room table as he began to present each one to Holly, who chuckled at his antics as he rambled about the flavors he knows she'd like.