⇢ CHAPTER 74

season 10 episode 4

"Oh, come on." Jackson complained, chasing Holly around their couch in their new apartment, "Can I please see--"

"No." Holly chuckled freely, holding on tightly to the dress she would wear later to the fundraising gala behind her back, "You'll see it later--"

"In a few hours." Jackson reasoned.

"So what? You've apparently waited to be with me since you met me, what's a measly few little hours for a dress?" Holly quirked a brow, watching as Jackson blushed at the fact Holly knew that.

"What?" Jackson attempted to play it off, "I did not wait to be with you since I met you--"

"Lies." Holly told him, taking the moment of opportunity to retreat to their bedroom as she recalled the countless amount of doctors who told her that about Jackson, "Don't come in! I'm hiding it!"

Jackson groaned, plopping onto the couch as he spoke, "Really?"

"Bailey's gonna lose her mind." Callie chuckled as she looked at the waiter to their left and Holly approached her friends, "She can't stand clowns. This is gonna be hilarious."

"Bailey's not coming." Holly announced, slightly scaring the women since they hadn't heard her footsteps over the loud music.

"What?" Callie groaned, "Wait, we can do that--?!"

"Wow, Kepner." Cristina commented with a whistle as she glanced down at Holly's black dress, "You're really trying to impress your boyfriend, huh?"

Holly's face reddened as she looked down at her dress, "I-I w-wanted to l-look nice for the f-fancy people--"

"Okay," Callie interrupted, "Red, you look very lovely in your dress-- but I have been dreading having to be in the same room with Arizona. If this isn't mandatory, I'm going home."

"Wait," Jackson intervened, stepping towards the group, "nobody's going home. I'm giving ten percent of tonight's take to the department that raises the most money..." He lost his words, his rushed act now gone as his eyes landed on Holly, "I... Holly..."

"He likes." Meredith nodded, looking at the three other women as Holly's palm met her face before she managed to nudge Jackson's face elsewhere to try and pry his eyes off of her.

"Go." Holly shooed, knowing he was trying to go somewhere else as she looked at the party-goers, "I need to find a drink and loosen myself up to get that ten percent."

"Good luck." Jackson wished, planting a kiss on Holly's temple before he whispered, "I love the dress." He looked back at the other women as Holly's face reddened, "Spread the.. word."

As he rushed off, Cristina blinked upon realizing her department could get ten percent if she played her cards right. "Derek is really good at this kind of thing." Meredith admitted with a sigh, "...I should get started before he does."