⇢ CHAPTER 14

season 5 episode 7 & 8

"And the trio is whole again

"And the trio is whole again." Holly remarked as Derek walked into the elevator that had Holly and Mark.

"I need you to have sex with Cristina Yang." Derek told Mark after they greeted each other and Holly snorted.

Mark shifted the weight of his leg to the other as he spoke, "Good morning."

"Yeah." Derek sighed, "Distract her. Engage her. Give her something to do after midnight besides call my girlfriend and wake me up."

"Yang?"

"Mm-hmm."

"And maybe she'll be more easy-going...?" Holly added, "Plus, I've been stuck on clinic duty and I want to see the inside of these hospital walls other than to go to and from the intern locker room."

Mark scoffed, "Why don't you have sex with your boyfriend so you can be more easy going?" Holly squinted at him as he went back to shaking his head, "No. No, too serious, humorless, un-fun-- not my type."

"Yang should be your type." Derek refuted.

"Yeah," Holly nodded, "she's a woman."

"And she's intense, intelligent, complicated." Derek listed, "She's like a single malt scotch, and you're used to beer bongs."

Mark shook his head, "Callie Torres is no beer bong."

"Mm." Holly hummed, "Never thought I'd see you dismiss a challenge."

Derek continued as he faced Mark, "Oh, I get it. You don't think you have a shot." He turned back to face the elevator, "You're probably right."

"Oh," Mark spoke confidently, "I have a shot."

"Really?" Holly mocked.

"Then try it," Derek suggested, "as a favor."

"No." Mark denied as he looked at the two, "I'm not your stud horse. You can't just--just tell me who to sleep--"

"You slept with my wife." Derek reminded.

"Oof." Holly chuckled.

The elevator doors opened as Mark stared at Derek, "Yeah, I'll give it a shot."

Derek walked out of the elevator with Holly, who placed a hand on his shoulder and said, "Good luck."

After being told not to tell anyone and hatching a plan, Lexie went to find Holly at the clinic and dragged her.

"Lex-- what's happening?" Holly asked as she followed her back into the hospital.

"Some of the other interns are performing things the residents don't-- I.V.s so far, but I'm not sure what else." Lexie admitted, "So I went to the morgue for Yang and found out the unclaimed bodies can be used for surgical research for, like, med students to practice on."