⇢ CHAPTER 70

season 9 episode 24

PART TWO ; LOVE

"H-He could still be out there!" Holly reasoned without proof, tears streaming down her face as she looked at Matthew, the man who had taken her inside while others sobbed straight after the explosion. He now stood guard at the door, refusing to let Holly out of the door as he knew she'd immediately run into the burning bus for her fallen lover.

"I'm not letting you run out there and get yourself hurt, Holly." Matthew shook his head, making Holly glare at him in anger.

"Let me through this door right now," Holly threatened, shooting daggers at him with her eyes, "or I swear, I'll make your life a living hell when and if you marry April." She quickly ran an arm through her eyes to wipe them before she tried to pull him off the door, "Let me through, I need to see him!"

"You're going to get yourself burnt to a crisp, Holly!" Matthew shouted, making Holly only try harder to pry him from the door before growing defeated, falling to the floor and erupting choked sobs as grief hit her with the force of a million suns.

She thought she would never have to go through this pain again. And as she wailed, Matthew practically held back tears at the sobs before she began to hyperventilate.

His eyes widened, "Holly--"

"I-I can't breathe--" Holly shook her head, her hand finding her chest as she tried to breathe but found it impossible as she stared at Matthew, "I can't--"

"Okay," Matthew sunk to the floor with her, eyes searching for a paper bag as he instructed, "breathe with me, Holly. Take nice, paced breaths for me, okay?"

"There you are." Stephanie, the intern, sighed in relief as she caught sight of the Chief Resident and paramedic once she opened the door, "Dr. Torres told me to come find you--"

"Can't you see we're in the middle of something?" Matthew interrupted, gesturing to Holly, who tried to piece herself together.

Holly frowned her eyebrows and asked through irregular breathing, "W-Why--"

"Dr. Avery made it out of the crash."

"He's in trauma room--" Stephanie began before getting cut off as Holly marched over to the curtain, making Stephanie nod before she walked away to help another patient.

Peeling back the curtain with such urgency she would've swore her arm could have fallen off, Holly's eyes landed on Jackson on the E.R. bed, sitting there with a few cuts on his chest and his arm in a sling. But there he was, breathing-- shirtless and alive.

Had it been any other circumstance, Holly would have averted her eyes awkwardly, but instead, she stood frozen in place as her eyes stared at him.

Jackson, who was yet to be informed of Holly's heartbreak a few moments ago, felt a smile grace his face as he assumed his girlfriend was frozen from the sight of him shirtless, "Holl--"

The second he opened his mouth to speak, Holly felt her eyes fill with tears again before she closed the curtain behind her and smacked his shoulders back, making him flinch greatly in pain due to the small lacerations scattered around the area.

"I--" Jackson frowned his eyebrows at her, "Ow."

"You scared the living crap out of me!" Holly shouted, making her glare at him in anger.

"Ow!" Jackson emphasized again although Holly hadn't hit him another time, "Holly--"

"No, you--" Holly took a sharp breath, making Jackson aware of the dry tears on her face as the new ones formed in her eyes, "I thought you died! I-I thought I lost you."

"Holl--"

"Let me talk!" Holly interrupted, having a childlike essence to her as she practically stomped her foot, brushing tears aside furiously-- the action reminding her of when she had arguments with her sisters as a young child, "I thought you died! I thought, for a minute, that I lost another person I care about deeply to a stupid bus. A-And people die from bus crashes..." She attempted to remind herself the statistic Lexie told her years ago, "I don't remember the statistic, but I'm going to say it's around the medium range, and I was not ready for you to be a part of it, okay? I can't let you be a part of it because I can't lose you." Holly held in a sob, "I can't."

"I'm here, Holl." Jackson assured, grabbing her hand lightly to place it on his chest, above his heart, "I'm still here."

Holly took a few breaths, feeling his heartbeat on her palm before she pulled away, "You better not pull this crap again, Jackson! I swear, or else I'm gonna kill you."

Jackson chuckled, reaching over to grab her hands, "Holly--"

"I love you." Holly interrupted, looking straight at him as he froze with his mouth slightly agape from the reveal, "Okay? I love you, so please, don't pull that stuff again--"

This time, Jackson interrupted her as he brought her closer to end the space between them, leaning down to kiss her. Holly automatically laced her hands behind him as the two poured all their emotions into that kiss, hoping the other would feel the amount of love they held for the other.

Pulling away, Holly breathlessly spoke as she peered up at him through her eyelashes, "Okay?"

"Okay." Jackson nodded, placing a tender kiss on her forehead before he added along with a small chuckle, "I love you, too."

"Oh." Holly smiled wide, remembering her own revelation to him a few moments ago, "Good."

"Mm." Jackson hummed, pulling Holly closer to him, "Holly."

"Yeah?" Holly quirked a brow.

He smiled, wanting to say it once more, "I love you."

Holly's own smile brightened before their lips met once more-- and quickly, the kiss became passionate each second that passed before they separated upon hearing a scream.

"Gah!" Callie shouted, not expecting to walk into a very passionate moment between the two as she opened the curtain before raising her eyebrows and began to tease, "Aah, I see you read the note--"

Holly's face flushed as she backed away from Jackson, who still felt Holly's lips on his as he looked down at her with pure adoration, "I--"

"Nice." Callie nodded, leaning against the wall as she pointed at the two, "So do you two still need a moment or--?"

"I'm leaving. I-I need to check on the backup generator." Holly announced, still feeling the redness in her cheeks as she walked away before she turned around to look at the two, "Can you--"

"Keep you updated on loverboy?" Callie joked as she nodded at Holly, "You got it."

Holly smiled awkwardly before walking away, "Thanks."

✧✧✧

AYO POGGGG TRUMP GOT BANNED ON TWITTER LMFAOOO DESERVED AFTER HE TOLD PEOPLE THAT WENT TO THE CAPITOL THAT THEY WERE BASICALLY IN THE RIGHT-- I-- clown stuff.

BUT LET'S TRY TO FOCUS ON JOLLY AND NOT THAT TRAINWRECK BECAUSE THAT IS JUST-- a literal trainwreck like-- i-- i don't wanna get started on that because it's just LET ME NOT RANT OKAY ANYWAYS JOLLY TIMES AKSJDFHLAKS LOVE ADMITTAL YES I STAN and 🥺🥺 matthew being there for holly-- i stan the soon-to-be-in-laws.

that generator though... 😳

aNyWaYS, the parallel between this and the A.U. chapter-- i-- ✨callie walking in on jolly LMFAO