ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ-ꜱᴇᴠᴇɴ

A/n: Took a break once again because I had to take the swab test (IT HURTS) and I'm feeling really unproductive for some reason. Sorry for the late updates!

A kiss under the moonlight: 27

"Tsukishima-kun, I want to have a word with you." No words rang this loudly in your mind as much as these words do. Talk. Tsukishima. Your brother. What could the topic be about? The way your throat gulped at your nervousness made it obvious that you were filled with anxious thoughts. The brother that has been waiting for a few seconds had a firm smile on his face. Tsukishima simply smiled and nodded at the request. You watched as both slip away from your sight.

'Relax. They could be talking about volleyball,' you tried convincing yourself.

*

"Let's spare the formality. I just wanted to ask you something," said the brother, Shu. The cold air made both their lips a little dry for comfort, making them both feel uncomfortable. Your brother brought Tsukishima to a private spot in your front yard, where your father grows a collection of bonsai trees and plants.

"Are you serious about my sister?" Tsukishima's eyes darted toward the face of your older brother. A confident yes would be his usual answer, however, there was something about that question that rubbed him the wrong way.

Still, with a prideful face and a confident smile, Tsukishima replied, "Yes. I am serious about her."

Shu's brows twitched at the reply and a sigh left his mouth. "Look, F/n has dated a lot of guys, and annoyingly, all of them played with her feelings. If you hurt her, just know that I will be the first one to knock you out."

"I assure you, I will never hurt her," the blond replied.

"Good."

With furrowed brows, Tsukishima dared himself to ask, "You don't mind me asking, right? For someone who seems overprotective of her. You two don't seem close." The blond tried his best to remain composed. His usual snarky or condescending attitude toned down to make himself more likeable in front of your parents but now that he's facing your brother, all of that seemed to have come back.

An intrigued smile fell on Shu's face. "You're awfully blunt. I like you." He then looked to the side, sadness engulfed his eyes. "We were never close. Just close enough to hold a few conversations before. I realized how much I neglected her. How our whole family neglected her. I knew she slept around at such a young age but I didn't want to be all caught up in her problems. Realized I was such an asshole and here I am, trying to fix my mistakes. After seeing her genuinely happy, it made me feel useless as a brother. But hey, I'm glad she's all smiley cuz' of you."

Tsukishima listened silently, he nodded his head and the smile on his face was apparent. "F/n... really likes it when you're straightforward. So if anything, just tell her how you feel. She'll forgive you," he suggested. Knowing that your boyfriend knows you better than your brother made Shu feel sadder. His lips formed into a smile but his eyes remained regretful.

"Got it. Well, it's getting late now. You better go home." The two bid each other a goodbye, leaving with a somewhat lighter feeling in their hearts. Shu took your boyfriend's advice to heart and smiled. It's funny how the ones you're not related to by blood are the ones that have brought a positive impact in your life. As he zeroed in on the snowflakes streaming down, a relieved smile appeared on Shu's face. 'At least she's not alone anymore.'

*

As soon as you hear the clinking sounds of the metal gate you turned around in panic. The relief you felt when Tsukishima appeared in front of you unscathed is laughable. It's not like your brother beat him up or something, and you'd probably pass out if he did. With your hand on your chest, you sighed. Thankful that Tsukishima still looked alive and not deathly scared of your brother.

"What'd he say?" you asked out of curiosity and instead of a reply, he responded with a flick on your forehead instead.

"That's a secret." Your lips pouted. Considering his usually calm demeanour, it's safe to say that your brother definitely didn't say anything stupid or embarrassing. Tsukishima stared blankly at you for a few seconds, leaving you confused. You had asked him what he was staring into space for and surprisingly, he didn't bother to tell you. Instead, the blond suggested that you and him go to the nearest park.

"What'd you want to talk about?" you questioned him while swinging back and forth in the swings. He smiled as he stared hard at your beauty under the moonlight. This scenery felt nostalgic, it was the same imagery of that time at the training camp. As you felt his golden-brown eyes stare into your soul, you halted.

"You're strong," said Tsukishima. Strong? you asked yourself. The concerned look on your face almost made your boyfriend laugh.

"I wonder how a small girl like you carried all those problems." Ah, that's what he meant by strong. Your face revealed a saddened smile. To be fair, you didn't know how either. Your only escape to the problems were messing around with other people. And you swear on your life that you'd probably stay miserable if it weren't for the guy in front of you.

"I'm not used to you complimenting me so straightforwardly. Kinda weird." You shook your head and giggled. As the moon's light fell upon the two of you, Tsukishima's love and admiration grew stronger. Meeting your family and talking to your brother made him realize how similar you two were. No amount of words could describe how much his heart belongs to you.

Swinging your self back and forth again, Tsukishima put a halt to that action when he grabbed your wrist gently. You looked at him all confused. And in one swift yet gentle motion, his lips were already planted unto yours. Without hesitation, you closed your eyes and feel this familiar sensation. How his strong yet somehow intoxicating axe perfume fill your nose, his dry yet soft lips and the feeling of comfort surrounding you. Letting lose, Tsukishima grabs you by the waist to pull you closer. After a few minutes of indulging in his warmth, he finally lets go but doesn't pull apart. He wrapped his arm around your shoulder and pulled you into the tightest hug. He was being unusually affectionate but you'd be lying if you said you didn't like it. Knowing that this doesn't happen too often, you chose to shut up and let his warmth consume you.

His large hands combed through your hair, adorably patting your head as you held unto his waist. Everything about him is just so, so lovely and you were lucky to be the only person he shows this much affection to. You buried your face in his chest and listened closely to his heartbeat.

"I don't say this out loud so don't tease me for it but... I-I really love you, F/n." The red-tint on Tsukishima's cheeks went brighter as soon as he said it out loud. Words of affirmation isn't his love language, but for you he'd make an exception. Even if he doesn't say it out loud, his actions speak louder than words and that's what warmed your heart.

Your eyes widened and your face turned red right away. Hearts beating in one rhythm, you hugged him tighter and indulged yourself in this wonderful moment. No one could ever make you feel this way. Only Tsukishima could and you don't want to know what life is like without him. After feeling your eyes getting watery, you smiled and replied back, "I love you too."

As the clouds sway left to right, the two of you stayed under the moonlight for a couple more minutes, enjoying this moment while it lasts.