ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

You were in deep sleep after binge-watching your favourite show. Things were getting interesting as the topic was one that piqued your interest. Your closed blinds refused to let any morning sun shine through it, making your room as dark as ever.

"F/n-san!" you flinched as you heard three loud and aggressive knocks, along with Hanabi-san's impatient voice. The time on the clock said 8:10, and usually you'd be up an hour before. Hanabi-san's loud and impatient call out made you jump up and hurry toward your bathroom.

"Crap!" you complained. It was only the second day of school and you were already going to be late. You hurried and ate your breakfast, got changed and ran outside the door without saying anything else.

As you opened the large gate that led to the outside, a tall and familiar man stood a few meters away to your left. It was Tsukishima Kei. The guy who rejected you not once-- but twice-- the day before.

"Oh," you stared at him as your brain still hasn't registered the fact that he was just a few meters away from you.

Tsukishima appeared shocked at first but immediately regrouped himself. He crossed his arms and raised a brow. "And just when I thought you wouldn't get all stalkerish and stuff-- yet here you are."

You furrowed your brows and stomped your foot. "I wasn't stalking you!"

'Wait, what is he doing here?' you asked yourself. Confusion filled your riddled face as you tried to come up with answers.

"Wait a minute. Aren't you the one following me?" This time, you crossed your arms and raised a brow. Tsukishima let out a few chuckles.

"I thought the two minutes stare down was enough to let you know. I live here... we're neighbours."

'Huh? Wait what???'

"Y-you're lying," you complained. Gulping down the shock, you couldn't believe what he had just said. There's no way you and he are neighbours; you rarely see him around. No, you never see him around this street. Tsukishima narrowed his eyes at you and smirked. You didn't know which annoyed you more, the fact that he's all smug or the fact that you never noticed that you two have been living right next to each other all along.

Tsukishima placed a hand on his chest and sarcastically replied, "I'm kind of hurt, L/n-san. We've been neighbours for four years and you didn't notice. Am I not popular enough for you?" The ends of his lips curved into one of the most annoying smirks you've ever seen.

Your forehead knotted in confusion. "I don't think your popularity has anything to do with this."

"Hmm, I wonder." He silently chuckled and looked down on you as he walks past.

"Wait," you called. Tsukishima turned around and slid his headphones down from his ears.

"I'm guessing this is around the time you leave for school, at 8:30. Usually, I leave for school thirty minutes before that. How would I know we're neighbours when you rarely go out AND we have a thirty-minute interval between our departure times when going to school?" You raised a brow. The look on Tsukishima's face satisfied you. He looked surprised at the response you gave him.

His expression immediately changed and he burst out into a fit of laughter.

'What is wrong with this guy?'

He finally refrained from his random laughter and looked at you with an amused expression. "I underestimated your wits, L/n-san. You weren't as dumb as I thought."