ꜰɪᴠᴇ

disclaimer: slight angst and kind of a dark chapter.

You thought long and hard about Tsukishima's words and as much as you want to deny it, he was right. You've only known him for two weeks, yet he had already figured you out like a puzzle.

For the whole month, you were... different. Quiet and as if you were out of it. Your assignments piled up on your desk and your grades have been dropping at an extremely concerning rate. You just couldn't find your groove anymore, and what's worse is that no one seems to care, even you. Not Aimi nor Arisu noticed how much different you were acting and it was a tough pill to swallow. Your parents still return home late as usual, around the time you are in a deep sleep. Most of the time they stay locked in their offices. So it's like you weren't living in the same household. 

It was finally the month of June. A whole two months have passed. You returned home from school later than usual, nothing different. Except today was something unordinary. Your parents were home earlier than 12 in the morning, waiting for you in the living room. 

"I'm home..." you called out, expecting your housemaid to reply. But as soon as your mother greeted you, you knew something was wrong. You were home late-- seven at night type of late but you thought it wouldn't bother anyone.

"You're home early," stating the obvious, you said as you brushed past her. 

"We were called by your teachers today. Four of them. They said your grades were dropping," your father deadpanned and looked at you. Looking away, you let out a sigh and attempted to walk upstairs to your room. Hanabi-san watches, the concern in her eyes was clear. 

"F/n." You rolled your eyes to the back of your head and turned around. 

"What?" you impatiently responded.

"Explain to me what you've been doing these past two months. Have you been fooling around? Huh?" He leaned closer, his eyes glaring at yours. 

You clenched your fist and inhaled. "And you care because?"

"F/n!" your mother tugged your shirt and locked her angered eyes on you. Furrowing your brows, you glared back at them. 

"You can't keep this up. It's a disgrace. What do you think they'll say when the daughter of a politician had those grades? It's embarrassing!" 

"Huh?" you let out an exasperated sigh. "Why can't you guys act like normal parents for once?" Both your mom and dad furrowed their brows at you. 

Standing up, your father crosses his arms as you continued. "Maybe if you cared just a little about me then I wouldn't end up this way."

"But you don't."

"You don't care about me at all!" Anger had filled you up and boiled your blood. You ended up shouting at them, this time it was intentional. You wanted them to know how you felt, be it by voice or force.