ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ

You watched as Tsukishima talked to the upperclassmen, not knowing what to do with your hands. Their voices were faint, but you could still hear the conversation. 

"There's something I'd like to ask, may I?" asked the blonde boy. The handsome man with the rooster hairstyle, Kuroo Tetsurou, smirked as he crossed his arms.

"Well, sure!" the cute boy, Bokuto Kotarou, with both colours of black and white in his hair enthusiastically replied.

"This is quite unexpected," said the man, Akaashi Keiji, who had beautiful gunmetal blue eyes and black hair. Tsukishima took that as a 'go-ahead' response and looked at them, his mind thinking of how he could phrase the question. He thanked them first and slightly bowed his head.

"Both of your schools are sometimes considered powerhouse schools, right?" Kuroo shut his eyes for a second, fazed by how blunt the first year is. 'sometimes?' he repeated in his mind. Although blunt, Kuroo was sure the blonde glasses boy had something to say. So instead, he continued to listen.

"Even if you were able to make it to Nationals, actually winning there would be difficult, right?"

"But not impossible! Wait, hold on, what are you trying to say?!" Bokuto interjected, clear annoyance in his voice. The second year, Akaashi, butted in and told his senior to hear Tsukishima out.

"I am genuinely curious. Why do you get so desperate to do all of this?" bluntly asked Tsukishima. You raised a brow, interested at where this was going. "Volleyball is just a club, and maybe you'll get to write: "I worked really hard in my club in high school," on your resume, right?"

"Hmm, say, four eyes--"

"It's Tsukishima."

"Then, four eyes Tsukishima. Do you think volleyball is fun?" asked Bokuto, with half the enthusiasm. You pursed your lips to hold your laughter. It's fun seeing Tsukishima getting teased-- call it a taste of his own medicine, if it's a must. The blonde boy looked to the side and thought hard about the question. 

"I guess... No, not really."

"Maybe that's because you suck at it?" proudly and quite straightforwardly, Bokuto said. A laugh accidentally escaped your mouth, which then caught the other two's attention. You immediately covered your mouth and bowed your head. 

"I'm a third-year, and I've gone to Nationals. I'm better than you. Way better than you! Even your cute friend knows that--"

"You didn't really have to tell me that." A frown appeared on Tsukishima's face. Maybe it's because it's the jab at his skills-- or the fact that Bokuto called you 'cute', or maybe it's both. An annoying combination. 

Bokuto's lips turned into a smirk. "But I only recently started thinking that volleyball was fun. Ever since my straight became usable in matches. I've always been good at landing cross-court shots, but the blockers started blocking those. I got frustrated and practiced the hell out of those straights. A-anyways! In the next tournament, I didn't let the same blockers touch the ball at all. I shot through them! I finally felt like I had my moment--