ꜰᴏᴜʀᴛᴇᴇɴ

The week progressed slowly. You expected this training camp to be full of fun and excitement but immediately realized Tsukishima was right. Everyone was serious and was hungry for improvement. Yachi had told you about Hinata and Kageyama. Apparently, they had a fight weeks before and it was pretty bad. The tension between the duo was strong. The other boys were practicing hard on their own thing and the rate at which they improved was impressive. However, you noticed Tsukishima remained indifferent. If the team was giving it 110%, Tsukishima would get a passing grade. It doesn't take a volleyball genius to see that he was rarely trying to improve, which was the point of this training camp. 

It was impossible to not remember what happened last night even though you tried your best to forget. The scene of you confessing pained you every time it replays in your mind. You could vividly remember Tsukishima's expression, and it sends daggers to your heart every time you do. Naturally, you wanted to act as if nothing happened. You tried talking to him normally and even teasing him. But it was almost as if Tsukishima had already grown distant. You could sense anger coming out of his calm and stoic expression. You hated yourself for confessing. Simply because it made him act that way. You thought you knew Tsukishima, but you really didn't. You already had your hopes up when he showed you an affectionate side of him. Tsukishima was-- and still is, a man you could never get and truly know no matter how much you tried. 

"L/n." Kageyama's voice snapped you back into the loud reality. You flinched and looked at him in confusion. 

"You've been staring into nothing for the past few minutes," he said. The team was on a break after two minutes of running up and down the hill beside the gym. They were exhausted, to say the least. You smiled shyly at him and shook your head. 

"I was... thinking about my assignments." You and Kageyama have been surprisingly getting along quite well. You thought he'd be the type to flat out ignore you when it's just you and him but surprisingly, that wasn't the case. You also grew quite fond of the orange-haired boy as well and it didn't take long for the three of you to get closer. 

Tsukishima noticed this. He hated the fact that you would always catch his attention. You were beautiful-- he can't deny that, but he also hated the fact that you exuded such friendliness and attractiveness. He still wondered about what you said last night. Were you just teasing him? But your tone didn't seem like it. And look at you right now, talking and smiling at Kageyama like you two had known each other for a while. Everything was a big jumbled mess inside Tsukishima's brain, and it was all your fault. 

Yamaguchi eyed his friend and noticed him staring at you. This has been going on for the whole day now and he couldn't help but wonder what happened between you two. 

~

A few days had passed and things were getting much worse. You had not spoken a word at the blonde boy and he hasn't even made any attempt to tease you. Even the team noticed how distant you were with each other. It was night time, some teams were still practicing at the gyms including Karasuno and you were walking around the campus to pass time. 

"L/n-chan!" You turned around to see Yamaguchi running toward you. A smile appeared on your face as you looked at him.

"Yamaguchi-kun, what's up? Do you need anything?" you asked. He shook his head and exhaled after the short run.