ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ

Finally, the week of the Spring Interhigh Qualifier has arrived. You were anxious, especially since Tsukishima had told you about their loss against Aoba Johsai, or Seijoh, as they call it. Not only that, you were told that Karasuno first had to fight two teams before they could play against Seijoh. The world of sports and volleyball tournaments was a new territory, but it doesn't stop you from supporting your friends and boyfriend. 

As usual, you stood with Yachi along the audience side of the court, just right above the players. It was nice to have someone with you to get anxious and excited every time Karasuno scores a point. The first two games were a lot harder than last month's. It shows how the weakest of teams get eliminated and the strongest remain in the same spot and it's damn brutal. Throughout every match, you felt all sorts of emotions: anxiety, nervousness, happiness and excitement. It was a feeling unlike any other. Had you never met Tsukishima, you might not even have an interest in the sport. The most shocked you felt was when Daichi accidentally injured himself. You were worried not only for him but for the team as well. Fortunately, they managed to pull through, which resulted in a long sigh of relief from you and Yachi. 

In the afternoon, it was time for the long-awaited game. Hinata and Kageyama have been preparing so hard for this one game. The struggles they had in the training camp proved so, and so did the rest of the team. You jittered, waiting for your boyfriend at the staircase near a secluded area. Tsukishima told you not to arrive early, he stated that you might end up waiting for a while. But, of course, you did the opposite of what he had told you. 

"F/n-chan!!" Yachi and Yamaguchi greeted from above the stairs. You turned around and put on the biggest smile on your face. Walking toward them, you gave both of them a hug and laughed. The team greeted you as well, and Tanaka had to jump into your arms to fake his tears. Apparently, he had to lose around two-thousand Yen for making that stupid deal. You could only laugh, provided that it was indeed a stupid deal. He also went on a tangent about how it felt impossible that out of all of them, Tsukishima was the first to have a girlfriend. You shook your head and chuckled, making your way toward Yamaguchi and Yachi.   

"You guys nervous?" you questioned. Tsukishima appeared from behind with the same smug smile and crossed his arms. 

"Definitely not as nervous as Hinata. Look, dude's all pale and white." His long finger pointed toward the orange-haired boy. Yamaguchi smiled and shook his head. 

"Well, we're definitely more prepared than last time. Right, Tsukki?" Yamaguchi asked excitedly. The blonde only shrugged his shoulders and slightly nodded. 

"I guess?" he replied. He then looked at you, which the other two took as a cue to leave.

"Well, F/n-chan, if you need anything I'll be here!" Yachi beamed with energy and waved her hand, and then, the freckled boy followed her after. 

"Are you nervous?" you teased, emphasizing the word. Tsukishima raised a brow and smirked.

"Nah." For an odd reason, you weren't satisfied with his reply and there was a brief moment where you wanted to tease him for it. Instead, you held his hand and the coldness of his skin was obvious enough that he was indeed nervous. 

"We can talk downstairs," you kindly suggested. The boy eyed his team and noticed they were busy so a simple nod from him was a good enough reply. Tsukishima sighed and closed his eyes, even though his face might now show it, he was genuinely nervous and you found that adorable. A smile appeared on your face as you gently grasped his cold hand.