~10~ New Years

( A/N: this was originally going to be a normal length chapter but I literally had no idea how to extend 5 minutes into 1500 words. So enjoy this short but sweet chapter!)

Davey

The Newsies are all packed together in Times Square waiting for the ball to drop. Jack was shocked when he found out I've never been so he forced me to come.

He wraps his arms around me from behind. "You're gonna love it Davey I'm sure of it." He says placing his head on mine.

"Mhm I bet." I hum at him. The other Newsies are messing around and pushing each other out of their way. Finch and Spot are both trying to get in front of a news camera, and Romeo and Elmer are next to them, arguing as always.

"Will you be my New Years kiss Davey?" Jack hums in my ear.

"No actually." I reply sarcastically. "I was thinking about kissing Boots" I saw gesturing to the boy on the left of me.

Upon seeing Jack's murderous look thrown at him, Boots puts his hands up. "I ain't getting involved in this." He runs away to Sniper, who is standing a good distance away with Albert.

"I'm kidding Jack."

"I know. Who wouldn't want to kiss this?" He says turning me around so he can gesture to himself. I roll my eyes.

"ONE MINUTE TILL THE BALL DROPS." I hear the announcer say.

60....

"I can't think of anyone I'd rather spend my New Years with." Jack says pulling me into his chest.

55....

"Me neither."

50....

"You know your pretty amazing Davey."

45....

"Oh am I"?

40....

He laughs.

35....

"Well of course."

30....

"You're pretty amazing too Jack."

25....

"Oh am I?" He copies me.

20....

I punch him playfully on the arm.

15...

He holds me close.

10....
9....
8....

We lock eyes and he puts his hands to my cheeks.

7....
6....
5....
4....
3....
2....
1....

We close the gab between our lips while cheers of "HAPPY NEW YEAR." sound around us. The square is filled with couples kissing and people cheering. Fireworks go off in the distance.

When we pull apart we are smiling. We look around at the other Newsies. Romeo has jumped into Elmer's arms and is cheering very loudly. Race and Spot stare longingly at each other. Sniper, Albert, Specs, Boots, and Skittery are screaming a random song with their arms around eachothers shoulders.

The other couples are breaking their news years kisses. Smalls and Finch try to help Elmer get Romeo off him. Blink and Mush join the group of boys singing. One couple hasn't stopped kissing though.

Katherine and Sarah.

I KNEW something was going on there.

Boots throws his shoe at them. "AYE! Break it up lovebirds."

The two break their kiss and bashfully look around. Sarah catches my eye and I give her a thumbs up.

Jack puts his arms back around me from behind and we join the cheering and celebration.

Happy Fricken New Year.