part 64

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

I slung my leg over the other, crossing them. Tomura and I had a small argument earlier, and it went something like this.

"How the fuck was I supposed to know that preschoolers have parent-teacher conference?!"

"I don't know, common sense? Duh!"

"Well I don't hav- Damn."

So here I was, sitting patiently as I awaited Kurumi's presence. Hikaru had been attending daycare for a few months now, and today was the day of the first conference. I'm sure the workers have some questions, mostly revolving around the danger of his quirk.

I peeked down at my nails, picking at the edges slightly as I attempted to peel my coats of nail-polish off. The office appeared nice, faux plants decorating each corner of the colorful room. I began to hum to myself, debating on whether I should steal that nice-looking ballpoint pen.

But I didn't get the chance to, before Kurumi walked in with a set of stacked papers. "Hi, hi!" she greeted, to which I welcomed back.

"So!" Kurumi sat down, situating herself atop the chair based on the opposite side of the table. "Hikaru, huh? He surely is something else."

"He's the only one that wears gloves in our whole facility, did you know that?" she giggled, joking playfully as she sorted through the what I thought to be, useless paper junk.

"I mean, it's not that surprising." I uncrossed my legs, the soles of my heels clacking against the mopped tiles below. "Hikaru struggles with his quirk almost daily."

"That's actually a topic which I wanted to cover today. What exactly is his quirk? I understand that he needs gloves for protection, but I was hoping that we could touch up on that subject." Kurumi explained, making my fingers twitch upwards.

"Hikaru manifested an emitter quirk, one called decay. If he touches anything with all five fingers or toes, then that object or living creature will turn into a fine dust. Currently, we haven't been able to control it." I responded, trying to relieve the stress I felt from confrontation by picking my nails underneath the desk.

"You say we, does that include a husband or boyfriend?" Kurumi began to tick me off slightly, but I knew she didn't have any ill intent, I just wasn't comfortable sharing so much information.

"It does, but he couldn't attend this meeting because.." I paused, trying to come up with an excuse. There was no way that I was going to stay truthful with Kurumi, not with something like this. "Hikaru's father caught a terrible cold, so we mutually agreed that it would be for the better if he remained at home." I couldn't just tell her that he was too embarrassed to head out in public.

"Please stay cautious with Hikaru. Telling by what his father is capable of, I have no doubt that his quirk can and will be fatal. Those gloves need to stay on." he was my baby, and I wasn't going to allow anyone in the world to ruin his life. It had only begun, and there was so much more to do and experience together.

"Of course! We use our given materials to supply the most comfortable experience for the kids that get enrolled here. I can assure you, Hikaru is doing just fine getting along with people." Kurumi said, which allowed me to finally take another sudden breath. I had been holding it in, the tension in my heart making me slightly ache.

Never again, I will never again attend another parent-teacher conference. This was too stressful for me, I could've spent my day off binge playing games. Kurumi was a sweetheart, and I was happy to know that Hikaru was put in such warm, welcoming arms.

To the public, Hikaru seemed like a normal kid. Though, he really was crazy. There was never a moment when Hikaru and Tomura weren't playing games together, sometimes even calling me to deliver their food onto the coffee table.

They played all sorts of multiplayer games. Not once in my life would I have ever thought that a toddler could be interested in Mortal Kombat, but look at Hikaru. Even with adult MMO games and RPG's, he seemed to be into it all. Reminds me of when I was a kid.

"I think that's all I wanted to discuss with you. Hikaru is an incredible kid, and I'm glad that you were able to tell me more details about his quirk." Kurumi excused me from the room, talking to me on our way out. "Actually, I have a video that I want to show you!"

I tilted my head to the side, interested in whatever she had to offer me. A video, one taken right inside of these secluded daycare walls. Waiting patiently as she pulled out her expensive phone, I leaned slightly so I could get a better look at what I was about to watch.

The first few scenes showed that angel girl, who went by the name of Ai. She had managed to pick herself off the ground, her light wings fluttering rapidly as she tried to stay afloat. Circling around Hikaru, she teased him and ran her fingers through his raven hair.

"Woah!" she noticed, after a heavy gust of wind from her wings exposed something Hikaru loved dearly. "Where did you get that, Ru?"

"Only mama can call me that!" he swiped at her, hacking her down with a single slicing motion. I gasped in shock, my mouth hanging ajar. I couldn't tell whether Kurumi was joking or not. Was this really supposed to be a wholesome video?

Hikaru purposely made the chop light, so he wouldn't hurt Ai. "Hehe!" she laughed, patting her dress off as she stood upright once more.

Grabbing his Pro Hero: Deku plush out of his hands, Ai reached it up towards the ceiling light, blocking the bright rays that were gleaming down at the class of toddlers. "What's this?"

He yanked the soft doll out of her small hands, shoving it near his heart and crumpling the outside fabric. "It's Deku!" he argued, a pout lip forming and affecting the rest of his face. "And someday, I'm gonna be just like him."

"I'm gonna be a hero like Deku!"

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; MAY OR MAY NOT BE CRYING RIGHT NOW, HIKARU IS SOOO CUTE

あい (Ai) - love/affection

artwork by: seungmidnight on Twitter
words: 1075