༻ part 50 ༺

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

After several draining hours of cleaning and a well much-needed shower, Tomura and I were finally ready to settle down for the night. It was nearly three in the morning by now, but the heavy influx of sugar in my system was keeping me from falling asleep.

I rolled over to face Tomura, whose hand was resting limp over my side. Even with the rows of forehead wrinkles and gnarled appearance, when he slept, Tomura looked so harmless he couldn't possibly hurt a fly.

However, that was a big trick. Tomura was known in several gaming communities as being mischievous, always reporting and rage-quitting games in the middle of a round. His online access to Splatoon matches have been revoked several times, since he always "disconnects".

"I love you." I whispered to him, before brushing away his long bangs and planting a gentle kiss upon his roughly-textured forehead.

Sliding my legs out of bed, I decided to do something I usually never included in my daily routine. There was a balcony attached to our room, but the door leading out to it had been locked since I could remember.

My exposed body shivered within the darkness of the room, my thighs being tinted over with a blue light as the full moon illuminated down through the sheer curtains. Quietly unlocking the balcony door, the soles of my feet froze with the touch of the cold concrete beneath.

"This headache.." I groaned, the touch of my cold fingertips against the top of my head slightly soothing the aching pain.

"Remind me to never eat ice cream again." I laughed to myself, before a strong breeze of cold wind flew past me, stabbing through my thin clothes.

I was dressed in nothing but a comfy underwear set, a lavender tank-top layering over my unpadded bra. My (Y/H/C) strands of hair flowed with the current of the wind, dancing throughout the air like celebratory ribbons.

Leaning my chest over the metal rails, I peered my vision up at the galactic sky. Dark shades of blue and grey clouded above the horizon, twinkling stars shining down onto the earth below. As my body continued to twitch and shake from the cold, my nose inhaled the fresh scent of clean air.

I was so caught up with the tranquility in the area, I didn't notice Tomura sliding the balcony door open behind me. "Hey." he greeted.

Turning my head back, I was met with the image of Tomura. His artificial muscles from several test-tube implantations were starting to lessen, the deep splitting of his face healing and leaving a brutal scar. The spring breeze picked up his hair too, the shoulder-length locks of keratin ruffling in the wind.

"Hey, you." I giggled, already flustering up with the sight of him.

Tomura's feet pounded against the concrete below, numb to the feeling of cold ground. He wrapped his arms around my lower stomach, nuzzling his face into the back of my left shoulder. "So I got an email.." I started.

"Did you buy a new game or something?" I continued, asking Tomura about the recent purchase receipt I had received in my inbox.

"Yeah, the Octoling expansion in Splatoon 2." he responded, the feeling of his rough cheek scraping against my soft skin.