part 34

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

I began to lose count of the days without Tomura, having not heard from him in so long. Japan was in a terrible state, villain acts being the only thing you heard about. Several places had been closing up, boarding their windows.

Tomura was still out there, just living without me. I had to move on, too. There was no way it could've worked anyways. I was happy to stop involving myself with a villain, especially if that villain is Japan's most wanted.

I even met someone from work, but he seemed to be more interested in me than I was him. Actually, he invited me to accompany him on a date tonight. However, none of this was successful in pushing Tomura's presence out of my mind.

Nobody could compare, nothing made me feel the way he did. I tried my best to push down the feelings of my swollen heart, but that wish never came true. Almond came into my lap, his tongue licking off the salty tears which had been dripping down the sides of my cheeks.

"I should probably get ready, right?" I asked the dog, who only looked at me with a bright smile.

The reason why I accepted my co-workers date invitation was none other than the fact I was lonely. My progress had been pushed back to day 1, a time when I had nobody. If a miracle happened, maybe a relationship would form from this sudden date, but I doubted it.

There was nothing about my co-worker I was attracted to. When I tried to think over his features, still nothing appeared promising to me. His personality was okay, just a boring, average man you could spot on the street.

I sluggishly dragged my feet towards the bathroom, when I realized that I had forgotten to bring my towel in. "Uughh." I groaned, making sure to pick it up.

Underneath the hot water, I hung my head low, my eyes glaring down at my red feet. Unlike when I would go out with Tomura, I didn't know what to wear this time. I always planned my outfits so I could look my best, but I was at a loss.

The soles of my feet planted against the cold tiles, as I stepped out from the shower. The bathroom was filled with steam, clouding up the mirrors and making it hard to see. I took long, time moving slower than usual today.

Almond was waiting for me outside of the door, making me feel guilty. "No way, you were really out here?" I cooed.

"I'm so sorry, baby!" I apologized to the dog, who didn't mind at all.

"Anyways, come. You can help me pick an outfit." I continued, the two of us heading over to my messy closet. My clothes were re-worn, over and over again. I hadn't left my house to go shopping for new garments, only to get groceries that would last for the week.

I took out a few hanging dresses that had been hanging for weeks, now displaying them to Almond. He tilted his head to the side, trying to understand what I was trying to do. Then, he approached one.

A silky black dress that was connected to spaghetti straps. It rested high above my knee, exposing my freshly-shaved legs. "Oh well." I sighed.

"This will do." I said, before pulling up the silk dress and adjusting the straps on my shoulders. The fabric felt loose and thin, but hugged my curves with love. I looked into the mirror, wrapping a silver necklace around my throat.

I clipped it on, my outfit somewhat complete. "I didn't even know I had this." I laughed, the growing puppy yapping at my noise.

The dress showed off my arms and legs that usually were hidden and shunned away from the outside. My usual attire consisted of baggy sweaters and pants, so this was something not even Tomura was able to comprehend.

"Stop, (Y/N)." I paused.

"Stop thinking about him. You're going to ruin the entire night." I got angry at myself, my nails digging into my wrist.

I checked my phone, my date supposedly arriving now. Spraying light puffs of perfume onto my skin, I grabbed my purse and completed the outfit. Almond chased me down the stairs, as the door continued to chime and ring.

"Oh, hey!" I fake smiled, the dressed man patiently awaiting me from outside the house.

"Hey, you." he responded, getting out of his polished car.

"You look beautiful." my co-worker continued, but I didn't feel a thing.

"Awwh, thanks." I grinned, before the man opened up the passenger seat door.

As soon as his back turned, my bright smile turned into a pokerface. He obviously had money, the ceiling of his car being illuminated with galactic stars. The car was freezing, my tolerance for cold weather going wild.

The long ride was silent, except for a few questions and small talk. All the conversations were started by him, but my mind was so fogged. "This is a nice car, how could you afford something like this?" I asked.

He laughed, making me worry. "Wait! I'm sorry if that came off rude."

"Nah, you're good. It was inheritance money, from my father." he responded.

"Oh, did he- pass?" I continued, trying to put sweet covers over my words.

"Unfortunately. He was a good man, you know?" my co-worker said, the beauty of his car astonishing me.

It was a Rolls-Royce, not just anyone has that kind of money. There was no way you could save up that much from a simple office job, so he had to have some rich background. To be honest, I didn't even know where we were headed. All I knew was that it was some restaurant, one that I've never heard of.

We pulled into the parking lot, my co-worker parking with ease. The car ride was smooth, I didn't even realize that we had made it to our final destination. I hopped out of the car seat, gently shutting the car door behind me.

The restaurant was fancy, with grand lights and tall pillars. Even its name was something I could barely pronounce. "La Folie" I tried to murmur.

Every car in the parking lot was some luxury brand, whether it be Mercedes or BMW. I felt out of place, but I know my appearance for the night could make up for it. "Come on, let's head in."

"I made reservations." my co-worker said.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; YUCK YUCK WHO IS THIS FRAUD 😭😭 tomura onlypls!!!

don't worry this guy doesn't end up with y/n, i have other plans in store for him

artwork by: moshimoshibe on Tumblr
words: 1129