part 49

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

"Happy Birthday to Almond and Cashew!" Tomura and I cheered, our bright smiles lighting up the dim room. Tomura flashed his yellow teeth, his hands making a clapping noise as both of his palms hit together. As the two stars dug into their prepared meals, Tomura and I stood back watching.

"What now?" he asked, already bored within the surroundings of small company.

"Well.." I started, the iconic sound of the fridge opening playing throughout the kitchen.

"Ice cream, duh!" I laughed, pulling out a few boxes of ice cream bars. From vanilla to mango, I seemed to have bought every flavor on our short trip to the supermarket. Tomura's eyes lit up, his pupils fancying a strawberry-flavored tub.

I peeled the seal off my Magnum bar, while Tomura filled a bowl with several scoops of strawberry and chocolate. We looked at each other and giggled under our breaths, eventually stabbing the sweet treat into each other's clothing.

Tomura leaned back against the counter, his body relaxing the light weight onto the marble. As I tried to stuff the sticky dessert in his face, he fought back and sprayed the whipped cream which we had set aside for the cake against my cheek.

"You know, it's rude to attack people. Especially if their birthday is coming up soon." Tomura said, making me stand back and put my ice cream assaults on hold.

"Birthday?! When?" I asked, my mouth hanging ajar. There was no way Tomura's birthday was near, I bet he was lying to get at me and play with my head.

"April 4, I'm turning 21." Tomura responded, and I couldn't sense any hints of lying or mischief in his choice of words.

His birthday was soon, coming up at the start of spring. However, it wasn't his special day yet, so I didn't have to hold back any longer. Tomura and I chased each other around the island-counter, even throwing handfuls of whipped cream at each other.

Cashew and Almond had finished their meals, digging all the way back down to the plates we served their treats on. They looked at us in awe, eventually getting scared by Tomura's accelerating yells.

"Hang on!" I laughed loudly, the sound of my voice echoing and hitting off the surrounding concrete walls.

"Die, die!" Tomura chuckled, shoving chunks of cold ice cream and even throwing excess flour all over my clothes. He was relentless, wanting to tackle me to the ground and prove that he was the winner above all.

"Stop!" I yelled, the heaves of dessert never seeming to reach an end.

"Or else, you won't get a party hat." I continued, making Tomura think about his choices.

"I don't need a stupid hat." Tomura complained, living up to his name "party pooper"

"Alright then." I said, before attaching a striped, red party-hat to the top of my head. I pulled the white string beneath my chin so it wouldn't fall off unexpectedly. With blue confetti at the top of my hat, the day was just getting started.

The arrival of cosmetic hats really brought the mood. Tomura's face screamed jealousy, but his lips didn't want to even sound out the words of defeat. He couldn't resist, and eventually gave up trying. "Fine." he said.

"Give me one." Tomura demanded, allowing me to hand him a blue one. It had stripes, with yellow particles erupting from the top. He looked at me in angst, the thin support-string not even fitting on his face.

I quickly grabbed my phone, aiming it up towards the sky and letting the camera find its way upon our faces. Tomura glanced up at the camera, his crimson eyes about to be blinded with the sudden flashing of lights.

"Say cheese!" I giggled, my fingers readying themselves to press against the capture button.

"Cheese." Tomura said in a monotone voice, before throwing up a common peace sign and flexing the length of his pale fingers into the phone-camera.

The ringer on my phone was silent, but the addition to my gallery confirmed that the picture had been taken. I swiped through the burst of photos I had taken, Tomura's face barely changing throughout the seconds in-between.

I looked at him beside me, his long strands of hair baked in layers of white flour. Tomura's eyes were fixated on something that I didn't know the origins of, but then I soon learned what he was yearning for.

A sudden rough feeling lingered against my cheek, as Tomura licked the sweet cream off the surface of my face. "Oh?" he said his thoughts aloud.

"It tastes better when eaten off your skin." Tomura said, the tip of his tongue cleaning the splattered whipping cream off my cheek.

I giggled and lightly slapped the fair-skinned boy, who looked down and grinned at his veiny feet below. "Are you sure that's not the sugar talking?" I asked him.

"Positive." Tomura responded, before ruffling his long hair with a rattle of his head. A flour explosion happened shortly after, splattering and getting into the pesky crevices of the delicate stitching my sweater consisted of.

Blowing a limp party-horn, I tried to make the best out of the remainder of the celebration. Almond and Cashew were wiped out from their special meals, now wanting the next few hours to be spent in a deep slumber.

Tomura walked away from me, picking up my Nintendo Switch with his dirty fingers. He exited out of the current game application, then switching over to Animal Crossing. Everyone in that community hated him, since he always purposely reported the people with hacked items in their town.

"Hey! Where do you think you're going?" I asked Tomura, who was halfway up the carpeted stairwell.

"To our room, do you think I'm stupid?" Tomura complained, while the surface of his skin stayed sticky to the touch. Of course, the first thing he wanted to do was play video games, when his main priority should be focused on cleaning himself first.

"I never said that? Get back down here!" I interrupted, already prepping the sanitizing wipes and pulling them out of their plastic containers.

"Help me clean, kay?" I requested of Tomura, who rolled his eyes in annoyance and hesitantly wandered back down to the kitchen.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; I DREW THE HEADER ART AHAHAHAHA ITS KINDA CUTE

artwork by: me 🤪🤪🤪
words: 1073