part 32

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

By now I was back in Hosu, living my life regularly again. Tomura was right, he hasn't been online since. I don't know what happened, and my mind surely couldn't come up with any possibilities at this time.

Work was stressful, no, this entire week had been stressful. Off Tomura went, disappearing into the shadows and being the main cause of most mischief that went down in Kamino. If he wasn't Japan's most wanted, he sure was now.

He still texted me, but not as often as before. I was a toy to him, someone that he knew was wrapped around his little finger. "I shouldn't think this way." I thought, seeing as Tomura was busy.

"Destroying everything, huh?" I asked myself. It had been Tomura's dream since he was a kid, but I never figured why. Maybe he grew up to hate heroes, or just isn't a fan of quirks. Besides, he always has those pesky gloves on.

Everything rubbed Tomura the wrong way, there was nothing he genuinely enjoyed or found pleasure in. I wondered if that was why he decided to go and test the waters this week, throw in a few worthy game-pieces.

The news had completely wiped away everything about Stain, you had to trek back a few pages to even hear about the "Hosu Incident". If you were lucky, maybe you could find it on the front pages of newspapers, but it would probably be compared to this latest accident.

It was a kidnapping, the abduction of a U.A student. They were a freshman, and also the winner of the Sports Festival hosted not too long ago. Billboards, radio stations, prints, everything. This specific kidnapping was all you heard about.

U.A, known to be one of the most prestigious hero schools in all of Japan. All Might, Endeavor, nearly all of the top heroes were a product of the school. However, instead of being looked up upon, the highschool was under great fire from the press and public eye.

People no longer believed in the school, and I even overheard that a few parents wanted to pull their children out from the program. A few pro heroes with careers at the school, like Eraserhead and even the principle, had been trying to maintain its reputation.

All of Tomura's texts to me were about villainy, he was ecstatic to hear about the chaos his little event had brought onto Japan. "Everything is moving so swiftly." he said, later ranting about his idiotic plans.

I couldn't believe what I was reading. Tomura genuinely believed that he could turn a young boy, with their main priorities based on becoming the number one hero, into a selfish villain. Of course, I used to not keep up heroes and villains, but even I knew that a war was coming.

Almond hopped onto my knee, his claws gnawing at my thigh. "Oh!" I exclaimed, the digging pain causing me to snap out of my thoughts.

"I'm sorry, baby. Are you hungry?" I asked, the growing puppy hanging its tongue out.

Grabbing a heavy package of kibble, I poured Almond's food into the same metal bowl he always used, that was beginning to get too small for his growing size. After getting that out of the way, I leaned my body back onto the marble counter-top.

"Tomura hasn't texted me today." I whined, my noise catching Almond's attention.

The puppy looked back at me, tilting his head and flashing me his dolly eyes. I imagined Almond to be asking "What's wrong?" or "Are you okay?"

"I hope he's okay." I continued in a regular voice, Almond's guard now lowering before he began to dig back into his food bowl.

Opening up my phone, for the first time in a while, I decided to hook into the news. My fingers applied pressure onto the side of the device, raising the volume up high. Now, I could check in on what had been happening.

After the kidnapping of that student, several teachers spoke out and accepted to be interviewed. They shared more info about the types of security they would input, but majority of the population still wasn't ready to forgive and forget.

"I can't imagine what that family is going through." I mumbled to myself, my ears chiming into the recorded video of Eraserhead. He nearly lost all cool during his interview, but I knew that the press was aiming for that.

Everything had been on lockdown, several businesses boarding up and closing their doors. Nobody wanted to take the risk, especially with the rise of villain activity in the area. "Do you think I could go to jail?" I asked Almond, who couldn't understand my dialect.

"I mean, Tomura and I are-" I continued, before shutting my mouth.

Almond finished his entire bowl of food, making me giggle. "You sure were hungry, yeah?"

I sat down on the couch, my body already ready to relax and laze atop the padded leather. Almond hopped into my lap, nuzzling against my face and leaving a trail of saliva over my cold cheek.

"Let's turn on the television, see what's going on.." I mumbled to myself, my fingers fumbling over the black, plastic remote.

The first channel was a live one, which was broad-casting all over Japan. Everything was glitchy, the camera crew obviously trying to focus on the topic. You could barely see the ground, the whips of debris flying everywhere.

"All Might is down there, fighting what seems to be a villain!" the voice yelled into the microphone, before the debris passed.

There he was, the "symbol of peace". Despite my opinion on heroes, even I had a soft spot for our number one. All Might was in terrible condition, his body deformed and messed. "If this is being broadcasted, then-" I thought, before rushing off the couch.

I ran out my front door, and was able to pick up distant sounds from the bustling city of Hosu. The channel was playing everywhere, people of all races able to see All Might during this conflict. One thing I knew for sure, was that this was his last fight.

After this, it's the end. Our symbol of peace would be no more, and Endeavor would have to move up to the spot. Seeing the condition All Might was in, there's no recovery from that. The villain on television was called "All for One", and I knew exactly who they were.

It was none other than Tomura's master.

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; i cried during this scene because my sister and i seriously thought all might was going to die. he's my number one comfort character BAHDHS he makes me so happy and brings me to the verge of tears everytime

artwork by: bell_MHA on Twitter
words: 1137