part 15

«─────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ───────»

It had been about two days since Tomura had his big fit, and something my head wasn't ready to grasp happened. What he had planned, everything Tomura mentioned about the U.S.J attack on, it was true. The news channels couldn't stop blasting it, and it eventually even beat the news about All Might's new career.

I didn't know what to say, part of me feels so guilty. "Could I have done anything about it?" I asked myself, wondering if the failed attack was primarily my fault.

Tomura asked me to help, and I said I would, but I didn't. My quirk and knowledge didn't contribute at all towards his impulse attack, and now I had to deal with the regret and guilt I felt from it. We've still been talking regularly, but Tomura told me he was shot. That was something I can believe.

It happened yesterday, when Tomura came home to me and began to spam my direct messages with all sorts of threats. "They cheated." he complained, over and over again that was all he seemed to repeat.

He would tell me things like "I didn't expect the freshmen students to be so skilled." or talk about how it was an unfair fight.

My sudden daydream made me lose track of time and stray away from my surroundings. A notification chime popped up on my phone screen, but I barely noticed. Even though I wasn't doing anything, only staring blankly at the bright screen, everything seemed so blurred to me.

After two or three messages, I was able to come back to my current reality. Then, I tapped the message notification, which was from Tomura, the person I didn't want to talk to right now. For the past day, he constantly came into our direct chat-box to bash me and make me feel ashamed, and it worked.

"Our plan shouldn't have failed. If you helped us, then I wouldn't have been shot by that pro." he said, a stone-cold expression in his choice of words.

"It's all your fault. Everything is your fault." he continued, but this time I couldn't feel anything.

The look on my face was dead, no curve in a smile or squint from my eyes. It was hard to open my mouth, or even blink, because my dried tear-stains were still streamed down my soft cheeks. I didn't feel ashamed anymore, or guilty by what Tomura was saying now. I felt blank.

"Was it really my fault?" I thought, trying to come up with ways to change the direction of the conversation.

"No, because I couldn't have even formed a plan in time. I don't live near Kamino Ward, either." I mumbled, the life in my face slowly coming back.

"Even with my help, there's no way you could've beat All Might." I responded, taking a leap of faith.

The next thing Tomura typed was expected, he always said it when he was proved wrong by someone. "..."

"Do you really think that you and a bunch of weak villains are going to beat All Might on your first try?" I asked.

"It was an unfair game." Tomura complained, knowing that he was in the wrong here.

"Look, I don't know why you hate heroes or All Might so much, but it's getting annoying. Stop getting mad at me for refusing to help with something I could barely believe to be true." I was pissed, wanting to throw my phone across the room and smash the protected glass screen against my concrete wall.

"Are you mad at me?" Tomura asked. Just a second ago, he was putting all the blame on me. I began to wonder if he was okay upstairs, maybe Tomura struggles with a mental illness that he can't control, so I shouldn't be too mean.

"No, it's fine." I typed, groaning after sending the naive message. Of course I was mad at Tomura, who wouldn't be? I just didn't want to be mean or hurt his feelings, in case he struggles with his own personal things.

I wasn't thinking before I spoke, and the next set of words that came from my profile showed that. "I'll help you the next time, alright?" I comforted, filling Tomura with a small ounce of hope.

"Hop onto our world." Tomura responded, ignoring my latest message. Thankfully, my computer was already on prior to his text, so I listened to him. I hopped onto our Minecraft world, expecting to go along with our daily routine, which consisted of farming and sheering the colorful sheep.

It was already night, and Tomura was outside mining. I stayed inside, the sound of our saddled horses and tamed wolves in the distance. Our shared base was apart of a mountain, with a quartz staircase guiding our characters up above cloud-level.

We never finished it, but I liked to cook real meals for us in game. After all, there was a cooking mod included in this certain modpack. Tonight's dinner consisted of hamburgers, one of Tomura's favorites. He always went with a simple cheeseburger, but I never complained.

As the pixelated food cooked atop the working stove, I heard the door slam behind me. Tomura punched my character from behind, before heading upstairs to his room. We had separate rooms, ones that were across the house from one another.

"Hold on, come back." I requested, Tomura's fake cheeseburger finding itself inside of my inventory.

Tomura's character left a trail of block particles as he sprinted down the stairs, waiting for me to drop the cheeseburger. After picking up the cheeseburger, he quickly gobbled it all down, sounding the eating noise which came along with the game.

My hunger bar was full, so there was no need for me to make anything. I turned off the lights in our house, and head up to my room. As I walked in, my tamed wolf, (Y/P/N) barked, staring at me as I hopped onto my red bed.

Before the screen could turn completely dark, shifting into the morning, I typed into the chat-bar. "You made me cry, y'know?" I said.

Then, the screen reached its darkest shade, but the lonely night still hadn't shifted into another lively morning. "Is he awake?" I thought, this situation only being able to occur if the other player isn't in their bed.

Suddenly, wooden door leading into my room opened, Tomura's character strolling in. He had his bed equipped, looking to place it next to mine. Our beds didn't go well together, my red sheets against his black ones. From the corner of my eye, I could see the arm of Tomura's character next to mine.

"He- oh my god." I blushed, the idea of putting your bed next to another's being a silly joke.

After a few seconds, it was morning again. However, Tomura didn't leave it at that. Instead, he typed. "<3"

⋆﹥━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━﹤⋆

authors note; THE "<3" IM OHMYOGOD

artwork by: sugarforkfull on Tumblr
words: 1168