40

I wish everything was just a dream.

As soon as I opened my eyes, I found myself in an all-familiar room. The white ceiling, the white walls. It just gives me the chills. And if anything, I am more scared this time. I didn't even want to bother hiding my feelings. Because there's no denying them at all. My trembling hands and my hopeless state say it all. I'm doomed. Tied up in a chair with a cloth on my mouth to prevent me from screaming, everything feels like it's really getting to the end. Everything from when I was first abducted came rushing back to me. The torture, the pain, the confusing words. It all comes back to me. It feels similar yet oddly, it also feels different at the same time.

"Hey Mirae, long time no see." I lifted my face, wincing on the process. Damn, they really gave me some cuts while I was knocked out. There I saw her again, one of the people I hate the most. Mina. I wanted to lash out on her. I wanted to hit her, slap her. Make her feel shit. But I am too tired right now. I don't even want to fight back anymore.

Moments ago, I was doing everything I wanted to do with the one I love the most. Then everything suddenly took a turn. Now, I'm back to square one. It makes me think that the best thing to do right now is to give up. I'm just tired of fighting. This is definitely taking a toll on me. Maybe, I should give everything up and by everything, I mean Yoshi. I love him so much but I think that love isn't enough to get me through. I got too caught up with my little fantasy that I forgot about my reality.

"Oh yeah, you can't speak." She taunted. I watch her approach me, hastily ripping off the cloth on my mouth. I grimaced in pain.

"What do you want from me?" I asked her in a tiny and tired voice. For a second, I thought I saw something I never expected to flash in her eyes. Pity. But I quickly brushed it off. That was just my mind making things up. That was just my wishful thinking. How can the girl who wants me basically dead suddenly show mercy to me? I must be losing my mind.

"Nothing." She replied simply but there is a sly smile on her face. A smile that I know holds a lot of meaning. "I don't want anything from you, Mirae. Not even Yoshi."

She's still smiling at me and it really scares me. There's something that's telling me that something's about to go wrong but then again, everything has already gone wrong. There's no way that she would easily give up Yoshi just like that. I know her, she doesn't easily let go things that hold great value to her. Ha, who am I kidding? She gave our friendship up almost instantly when she decided it's Yoshi over me. Well maybe, I just don't have any value to her after all and she just befriended me out of boredom and when she realized that I am standing on her way to Yoshi, she decided to throw me off the bus.

"Stop lying, Mina. I know you still want my boyfriend." I said nonchalantly causing her to laugh. I watch her take a seat on the edge of the bed. She raised her hand and began examining her probably newly painted nails. She loves going to the salon to get her nails done and she would always tag me along.

"And if I tell you that I do still like him..." She turned to me and gave me a smug smile. "Would you give him up to me? After all, we were bestfriends. Wouldn't it be great if you could at least give me one final gift before we totally part ways?"

"You could take him." I said under my breath but I know that she heard me. I saw how her eyes twinkled as if she received the most precious gift in the world. "Only if he wants you too. That, I highly doubt."

"You're a bitch." She said through her teeth. I just know that she's fuming mad right now. I saw her try to compose herself by breathing in and out. It's like she's trying to hold herself back. Why would she do that though? I know that she's itching to slap me right now. "For someone who obviously looks defeated, you're still sassy. Wonder how long you could keep that facade. Especially if you know who's really behind all of this."

"What do I still need to know? My father's behind all of these and you're working with him." I said, exasperated. I'm tired of going back and forth. I'm tired of their confusing words. I just want to know the truth. I just want everything to go back to how it is before but I know that would be too much to ask.

"Mirae... Mirae, you're really stupid, huh. Just like the rest of Treasure. How could you easily fall for all of these?" She laughed out loud. She approached me and put her face in front of mine. She's wearing an annoying smirk that I really wanted to remove from her face.

"Do you really think it's your father, Mirae? Didn't you ever think about the possibility of someone from the people you call your family to be the one behind this? Mirae, sweetie, let me tell you this. You don't know who Treasure is. You don't know how they really think and if they're really kind just as how they are portraying themselves to you. They're the most notorious gang for a reason, Mirae. In the underground world, they are known to be cunning and dangerous. One of them Mirae is behind everything. One of them started this game. The traitor is within Treasure themselves. And the other members doesn't even have the slightest idea."

It feels like I was dumped with a pail of ice and water. My blood ran cold. Words got caught up on my throat. I... I just can't believe Mina. She's spewing lies. She's messing with me. It's not true. No one in Treasure can do that. And if she's telling the truth, why would that person do that? What's his motive? Why did he involve me? Why didn't he just kill me on the spot? Why did he drag this along?

"Tell me who it is, Mina." I bravely asked, though I know that I won't be able this. This will break me. "Tell me, who's the traitor?"

She smiled at me, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ears. "Are you sure you want to know, Mirae? I tell you, this will destroy you. Can you take that? You're going to go insane before my eyes."

"Just fucking tell me!" I shouted but she only burst into laughter.

"I can't tell you just yet, Mirae but let me tell you this, he's the person you least expect to turn out as the traitor and yeah, he's really close to you. Really close that you wouldn't even think about the idea of him doing all of this. You're being fooled by him, Mirae. You all fell into his trap."

---

I know I've said that I would be posting two chapters today but I got caught up with MAMA so I wasn't able to finish writing. We only have like five chapters left to this book. Yes, this book is about to end :(( Thank you for the support and I love reading your comments about who you think the traitor is. Anyway, thank you also for the 23k reads!!!

Btw, congrats to Treasure for winning on MAMA tonight!!! Ahh I'm so proud of them. Congrats also to all other winners of the other respective awards.

Goodnight/morning to y'all!