23

I cannot remove the look in Mina's face on my mind. I cannot deny that something is wrong with her. Is she mad that I kept everything from her? Did she lie when she said that she is happy for me? I doubt that though. Mina has been my bestfriend since I started high school. I believe that the length of the time that we spent as bestfriends is enough to assure me that I am just overthinking things. It wouldn't make sense that Mina is not happy that I got myself a boyfriend when we've always talked about how we would be supportive of each other's relationships. Maybe, Mina is just having a bad day and maybe, I was just trying to give meaning to everything.

"Baby, are you okay?" Yoshi looked at me with a worried look. I immediately gave him a smile and nodded my head. I am far from okay but I do not want Yoshi to worry about me.

"Yes, I am." I told him. "Don't worry about me. I'm just thinking about something."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "You know you can tell me anything, right? Don't hesitate to talk to me if you want to. I will be always ready to listen. You're not alone anymore."

My heart melted at his words. He's like a different person now. I used to be scared and intimated with him but not anymore. Yes, he's still a gang member but he's my gang member.

"Let's go." He suddenly said, taking me by surprise. I gave him a confused look but he just reached out his hand to me. Even though I have no idea as to what is going inside his mind, I grabbed his hand and let him guide me out of his house.

"Where are we going?" I asked him as he led us to one of his cars. Now that I've mentioned it, I realized that he has around six cars. All of them being high-end cars. It made me realize how rich Yoshi is and it made me feel insecure again. Compared to him, I am nobody. After my mom died, I lost everything. I had to live on my own because my own dad kicked me out of the house.

"I'm taking you out on a date." He answered briefly. I suddenly halted, making Yoshi stop as well. I looked at the ground to hide the blush creeping on my face. He's taking me out on a date?

"Hey, what's the matter?" I was shocked when Yoshi cupped my face and made me look at him directly. He looked worried for some reason but immediately grinned because he probably saw how red my face is.

"N-nothing." I replied. "It's just that this is going to be the first time that someone took me out on a date."

I saw how his facial expression brightened. "This is your first date?" I nodded in response.

"Great! Don't worry then, I'll make this day special for the both of us."

---

I have been frowning at Yoshi who is busy checking out something on his phone the whole time since we entered this shop. I really thought he would go all out on our first date and actually bring me to an amusement park or something but we ended up in a local ice cream parlor just a few blocks down his house. I can't believe we had to use his car when it's just a walking distance from his place.

"You don't like your ice cream? It's melting." He suddenly asked. I watched him put his phone on the pocket of his hoodie before he shifted all his attention to me. I glanced at my ice cream cup and yes, it's definitely melting. No, it already turned into liquid.

"I'm just not in the mood for ice cream." I lied. Honestly, I expected more for our date. I mean I had fantasies before about how my first date would go. He will take me to an amusement park. We will ride the roller coaster and I would scream out loud while holding on to his arm. We will go to the haunted house but I will just end up clinging to him throughout because I would be dead scared to even take a step. Then after, I would ride the carousel while he watches and takes pictures of me, laughing at the fact that I am the only grown-up among the kids on the ride. Finally, we would ride the ferris wheel and watch the sunset together, marvelling at how beautiful the sky is. That's how I imagined my first date would go.

"Oh, I thought ice cream would cheer you up." He said sadly. "Whenever I am sad, I just grab a tub of ice cream and eat it then I'd be okay. I don't like it when you're sad so I took you out on an ice cream date. I thought it would work on you."

Now, I feel guilty. I didn't appreciate his effort because I was too stuck with my ideal first date.

"I'm sorry, Yoshi. I guess I was just expecting a lot of things." I told him honestly. "I mean I'm really new to this and I had expectations and fantasies too. I'm sorry that I'm acting like a bitch when you only wanted to make me feel better."

I was surprised when Yoshi held my hand which was placed on the table.

"You don't have to be sorry, baby." He smiled. "I appreciate that you're opening up about your expectations to me. That way, we could compromise. The girls I've dated before would always pretend that they like the places I brought them too. They would act okay with everything even though they didn't like it."

I glared at him. He didn't have to mention about his girls. It makes me feel jealous.

"What?" He asked after he saw the sudden change in my expression. "Did I say something wrong?"

"You don't have to tell me about your girls. I hate it when you talk about them. Can you please not bring them up? I easily get jealous. I don't want my man to be talking about other girls." I didn't know how I managed not to stutter when I told him about my sentiments. I just want to make it clear to him that I do not want to know about his past relationships. I do not want to know about them because it will only cause me to compare everything to our relationship.

I saw Yoshi smirk. "If that's what you want baby then sure. From now on, I won't talk about them anymore. I would only talk about you. I would only talk about us. And don't you ever worry because I'm all yours. You don't need to be jealous because you're the only girl that I will love from now on. I'm giving you all the rights to be possessive of me because baby, I will surely be possessive of you. Lee Mirae, what's mine is mine alone."

---

A/N: Thank you for the 3K+ reads and also for supporting this book! I appreciate all your votes and the comments that you leave on the chapters. Also, Treasure is about to debut this month!!! Please show them your love and support. <3