26

Horrified. That is exactly how I feel right now. Well, horrified is even an understatement. I don't know what I've done to receive such disturbing box. I tried to recall if I had engaged in any argument with another person but I can't think of anyone right now. Maybe my mind is just clouded with fear that I can't remember things.

"Y-Yoshi, I'm scared. I'm really scared." With shaking hands, I reached out for Yoshi who immediately wrapped his arms around me when he saw my trembling and vulnerable state. The other boys looked at me with worry. Even Asahi who isn't always expressive with his emotions gave me a concerned look.

"Shhh, baby. Don't worry, you got me." He whispered as he planted a kiss on my temple. He rubbed my back as I tried to hold back my sob. I saw Yoshi give some signal to Hyunsuk oppa who nodded knowingly in return. After that, Yoshi guided me out of the living room and led us both to the staircase. During the whole time, I was clinging to him as I was really scared for my life.

We entered his room where he let me sit on the edge of his bed. I was trembling in fear. Whoever sent the box must've had deep resentment against me. Only a person would such deep hatred would send a bloodied picture to someone. And in that case, someone who hates my guts sent me a bloodied picture of myself.

"Y-Yoshi..." I called out his name weakly. All the remaining energy got drained out of my body. I just want to lay on the bed and sleep for the rest of the night to ease all my worries away.

"How are you feeling, Mirae?" He asked. He offered me a sad yet comforting smile. He wore an expression that I haven't seen before. It was a mixture of worry, pain, and pity.

"I actually don't know... why is this happening? I don't remember having an enemy." I replied. I played with the hem of my top, a habit I usually do when I'm nervous and scared. "Do you think... do you think it's my dad?"

I saw him sigh deeply. He sat next to me and looked up at the ceiling. "It's possible to be honest. Your dad will do anything to scare you off. He wants you to feel bothered and scared. In that way, he can hit two birds with one stone. He's making you suffer while making me suffer as well. By now, I know that he knows you're my weakness and he's using you to try and take me down."

"Then if that is the case," I paused. The words I wanted to say got stuck in my throat. I didn't want Yoshi to think that I am a coward and that I am giving up this early. "I-If that's the case, wouldn't it be better if we separate ways as early as now? Yoshi, you're my weakness as well and I don't want my dad to use us to take down each other."

I saw how his jaw clenched. He closed his eyes briefly. "Mirae, I need you to remember that you're not only my weakness. Baby, you're my strength as well. If you think us parting ways will bring an end to this, you're wrong. It will only make everything easier for your dad. I told you before that we're in this shit together, right? We'll make it through together."

---

After I calmed down, I asked Yoshi to leave me alone for a while. I told him that I needed time for myself. I need some time to think about everything. He was hesitant to leave me at first but after assuring him that I will be okay, he agreed and left me in my room. I quickly grabbed the blanket and draped it over my body. I felt tears streaming down my face and I know that it will eventually turn into sobs. I guess I will cry myself to sleep again. That is, if I ever get the chance to get some sleep.

Suddenly, my phone rang. I was not in the mood to answer any calls right now but I still reached out for my phone. I didn't even think about the possibility of the sender calling me. Good thing, I saw my bestfriend's name on the screen so I immediately answered it.

"Hey Mi-"

"Are you okay? Are you alright? Are you scared? Did something terrible happen?" My brows furrowed because of the questions she asked me.

"Huh? How did you know that something happened?" I asked back, confused as to why she sounded so curious when I didn't even tell her that something happened.

"Uhm, you see... uhhh" She sighed. "I just felt like something was wrong a while ago so I immediately called you. You know? Intuitions? Instincts? I just got scared for a moment and I thought something bad happened to you."

"Oh," I replied. "Nothing happened to me, Mina. Don't worry."

"Are you sure? You're not feeling scared or something?" She asked again.

"No..." I replied. "I'm fine, Mina. Thank you for checking up on me."

"Thank God! I don't know what to do in case my intuitions are right." She let out a sigh of relief. "Anyway, how are you? How is Yoshinori?"

"We're both good. Why'd you ask?"

"Duh, I'm your bestfriend. Of course, I need to make sure that he's treating you right." She replied. "How did you manage to make him fall in love with you? I mean what is exactly his ideal type? Mirae, what did you do to get him?"

"Why are you suddenly interested, Mina?" I asked. I didn't know that she's curious about me and Yoshinori. I mean she's my bestfriend and all but she's too curious right now.

"I need to make sure that he's the right guy for you, Mirae." She answered. "I don't want you to get hurt. You're my bestfriend."

"Aww, thank you Mina. You're the sweetest." I cooed. I'm grateful that I have her as my bestfriend. She cares for me and makes sure that I am okay. I wouldn't want another bestfriend since I already have her.

"Don't worry, Yoshi won't hurt me. If anything, he will protect me. But sure, if he makes me cry, I'm giving you the permission to fight him."

"That's good to hear. I hope he doesn't make you cry. I don't think I could fight someone as cute as him." She said before sighing deeply. Of course, he finds Yoshi cute too. We basically have the same ideal type.

"Before, you only had me. Now, you also have Yoshi. I'm happy that you're welcoming people into your life, Mirae. But don't forget about me, okay?"

"Silly... of course, I will never forget you." I said. I heard her chuckle on the other line. "Thank you, Mina."

"You're welcome." I heard a pause on the other line before she spoke again.

.
.
.

"Mirae, what is Yoshinori's favorite flower?"

---

A/N: Have you seen the concept teaser? OMG the Treasure Effect!!! I'm excited for their debut and I hope you are too!!! August 7! Save the date <3