44

I feel numb. I feel lost. I feel like crying.

He stood in front of me wearing a smug and sinister smile that never once graced his lips. We stared at each other for a few seconds then it turned to minutes. The staring contest between us went longer than expected but no one dared to look away – maybe, we just couldn't. I just watched him with a blank look while he looked back at me with an unfamiliar gaze. It wasn't the loving and tender gaze that I wanted to see on his face. It didn't emit warmth and safety. It wasn't the reassuring gaze that I expected to see in this very moment. He offered me a smile but there was nothing else I wanted to do besides to wipe it off his face. He was smiling but instead of feeling happy, I feel sad. I feel angry. I feel betrayed. I feel scared.

"What?" I muttered, soft and quiet. It wasn't even a question directed to him. It was a question directed to myself. What is this bullshit that I'm seeing?

"Hey..." He inched closer, opening his arms wide. The beating of my heart began to erratically change. It is as if it is ramming against my chest wanting to jump out. My heart wanted to escape from my own ribcage. With every single step he makes towards me, I wanted to step back. I didn't know that I would reach this point. Before, I would happily ran into his open arms. Now, I just want to slip away from his grasp.

"Don't... don't you dare come near me." I spat, regaining the strength and sanity that I temporarily lost when he stepped into this room. I saw anger and irritation in his eyes and before I knew it, he was in front of me with his hand on my neck.

"You loved it when I open my arms to give you a hug so what's this? Run to me." He said through his gritted teeth. He emanates extreme rage, enough to scare the shit out of me. I've never seen him this angry. Not even when their operations are foiled, not even when Jeongwoo and Jaehyuk snuck to eat his strawberry jams. This is a different kind of an angry Yoshi and I do not like it one bit. I despise it.

"Oh, hold on. I see that you can't run to me. Do you want me to release you?" It's clear that he's being sarcastic and shit. If only my hands aren't tied, I would punch him. His hold on my neck becomes tighter, almost as if he's trying to asphyxiate me. Is he trying to kill me?

I mean killing me would be better. Well, I'm already dead inside. I wouldn't mind if I also die outside. What's the point of living if the man who made me believe that life is worth living is here in the same room strangling me? He made me want to try to live longer and survive for him. Because of him, I learned that there is always a rainbow even after the strongest thunderstorm. There's always a beauty after chaos, he said. He was supposed to be my rainbow after the storm. He was the beauty... now, he's also the chaos.

Slowly, his grip on my neck loosened. The sudden surge of air into my system brought pain instead of comfort. I began coughing, the pain getting worse. I glared at him. I hope my eyes can tell him what my mouth couldn't. I despise you.

"Don't give me that look, Mirae." He was taunting me. He's trying to get under my skin. He's trying to provoke me. It's as if he's daring me to lash out. But he also knows I couldn't. Not in the situation that I am in. Barely breathing, barely living.

I watch him settle on the couch across me. This room suddenly became a lot smaller with only the two of us inside. And in this moment, I wish Mina was here. I hate her guts and all but I wished she was here. Hell, even my father's presence here would make me happy. I just... I just don't want to be left alone in this room with Yoshi. His mere presence is killing me.

"How are you, baby?" He broke the long-standing silence. He still wears that same smug expression but his eyes were void of any emotion. I don't know how it's possible that his eyes held no emotion when his smile screams bloody murder.