7

I avoided Yoshinori with my whole might the next day. I woke up extra early so that I would not run into him. I left the house earlier than I used to. I just stayed at a convenience store which was a little bit too far from Yoshinori's house and from the school to eat something. It was too early, maybe 3 o'clock in the morning and my class starts at 7 am.

"Mirae?" I turned around to see the younger Treasure members standing in front of me. Out of instinct, I immediately looked for the boy who has been driving me crazy for a while now and thank goodness, he isn't around.

"Oh, Doyoung, Haruto, Jeongwoo, and Junghwan." I greeted them. "Why are you out here early?"

I scanned their outfits and they aren't in their uniforms so I know they didn't wake up early for school just like me.

"Eh, we had to run some errands." Jeongwoo answered, looking at Doyoung for help.

"Did you guys, you know..." I trailed. I didn't want to ask them straightforwardly. I don't want my hunch to be right.

"No." Haruto replied, laughing a bit. "We just had to do some investigations."

I squinted my eyes. "Why are you the ones doing it? You're too young and it's not safe. Can't the older boys do it?"

Junghwan laughed as he took a seat on the chair beside mine. The other boys followed behind.

"The older boys are too busy right now... doing stuff." He replied. "And it's not as if we couldn't handle ourselves. You know we also do fight, right?"

I couldn't help but feel bad for this kids. They're too young.

"Would you mind if I ask you why are you doing this? How did you end up doing this? And what exactly are you guys doing?"

They exchanged looks with each other before Haruto sighed.

"Oh, I don't think we're exactly the right people to tell you that." He slumped back on his chair. "Why don't you try asking Yoshinori?"

The mere mention of his name was enough to bring a blush on your cheeks and it didn't go unnoticed to the younger boys. They began smiling playfully at me as I struggle to keep calm.

"Aye, come on now. Something happened between you and our ace, right?" Jeongwoo playfully shoved me to the side.

"N-nothing!" I said almost instantly, making me look guiltier as ever.

"Really?" Doyoung cocked his eyebrow. "Nothing happened?"

I gave him a glare to shut him up but he just laughed at me.

"He kissed you, didn't he?" The way Haruto casually said that made me cough uncontrollably.

"Oooh, he got you pretty bad, huh?" Junghwan joined in teasing me.

I decided not to respond to their teasing. Instead, I just continued eating my ramen. Meanwhile, the boys entered the store to buy their own ramen since they got envious watching me eat.

We all ate in silence after they came back. For once, they looked like normal kids. Not the upright boys from Treasure or even the boys who held guns like they were nothing. At this moment, they look like normal teenagers like me.

I was sipping the last drop of my noodles when Haruto suddenly yelled.

"Drop to the ground!" He yelled, pulling out a gun from his waistband. Jeongwoo was quick to pull me to the ground as series of gunshots were heard. Jeongwoo pulled out a knife. He carefully guided me to the side of the convenience store. I was panicking at the moment as I watch several men in black aim bullets at the boys. Doyoung, who I remembered, was a physical combatant pulled out his own gun along with Junghwan. They fired shots alongside Haruto who flawlessly shot men after men. I don't know if it's the time to commend the boys but they're really good at this. I don't think killing someone should be regarded as good.

"What's happening, Jeongwoo?!" I asked the boy beside me, frantically.

"They must've had a hunch that we were watching them so they followed us." He handed me the knife that he was holding before pulling out his own gun.

I looked at the knife he gave me. "What do I do with this?"

He eyed me. There was a sudden change in his aura. Gone was the playful boy. He now looks like he's ready to kill.

"Protect yourself with it, duh. I need to help the guys. Stay here, they won't be able to get you here." Wow, look at his sass in this situation.

I watch him carefully jog over to Haruto's side and began shooting at the men. One by one, they began taking them down. I was trembling on the side as I pray that nothing bad will happen to all of us.

I continued looking at the boys when I saw one of the men in black aim a shot at Doyoung. He is being blindsided. Doyoung cannot see the man because he was focused on the other side where more men are falling to their death.

"Doyoung!" I screamed as I ran towards the boy and shielded him from the bullet. I felt a stinging pain at my back. Doyoung looked at me, horrified but he quickly aimed his gun at the man and shot him multiple times.

The sound of the gunshots died down. I collapsed against Doyoung.

"M-Mirae!" He grabbed me carefully. I saw Jeongwoo, Junghwan, and Haruto running towards us and horror was evident in their faces when they saw what happened to me.

"Shit." Haruto cursed under his breath. "Jeongwoo, talk to the cashier and ask him to deal with these. He knows what to do."

"Junghwan, stay with Doyoung and give Mirae first aid treatment. I'll get the car." They all moved quickly. Junghwan tore a piece of his shirt and wrapped it tightly on the wound. I can't feel my arms anymore.

"Mirae, stay with us." Doyoung said, his voice cracking a little. I smiled sadly at him, his face getting blurry. The last thing I heard was him calling my name before everything became black.