42

Days felt like years especially when all I can hear is the silent yet deafening ticks from the clock nailed to the wall carelessly. I watch it intently, the nail loosely put on the hole created on the wall. It's as if I'm watching and waiting for it to fall to somewhat create a noise. I just want to hear something, even if it is the shattering of the glass from the clock. Anything. Even barking from dogs, ruffling of the leaves, or even the sound of cars driving by. I just want to hear something. Because I know that this silence is going to drive me insane if this continues.

I've been counting the days. It has been exactly a week since I was abducted. One week and nothing had happened. No signs of rescue. No signs of refuge. No signs of Yoshi. It makes me wonder if he really gave up on me already and decided that I was just someone passing by his life and not someone he's meant to keep and not someone who's meant to stay. Either way, I can't find myself to hate him. After all, he gave me so much memories and made me feel a lot of emotions which were so foreign to me. It's because of him that I made amends with an idea that I kept long behind the back of my mind. Love.

"Hey, it's time to eat." My eyes met with Mina's and for a brief moment, I thought I saw pity and guilt on them but I may be wrong or just plainly seeing things. Maybe I'm just that desperate to be freed that I overlook things.

I watch her quietly place the tray of food on my bed. Even this silence from her is killing me. This isn't the way things should happen. I expected her to taunt me, to keep me on the edge but this isn't what's happening. Why am I getting silence from her? Mina was never the type to be silent especially in situations where she has the clear upper hand.

"What's happening, Mina?" I asked, wincing as I felt pain on my throat. I think I may have lost my voice from the constant screaming I did during the first days of my stay here.

She did not reply. Instead, she picked up the glass from the tray and filled it with water. Still not saying a word, she handed the glass to me.

"Drink it." She said in monotone. "It will help your throat."

Confusion. My head feels like it's going to burst open soon. Why is she suddenly acting like she cares for me? Is this still part of her act?

I grabbed the glass of water from her but instead of drinking, I throw it to the wall. The loud shattering sound of the broken glass against the hard surface of the wall filled the room. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Five seconds passed but only our beating hearts can be heard. She did not speak. I watch her leave the room before emerging back again with a broom and dust pan on her hands. She quietly collected the broken pieces of the glass on the floor and then set them aside.

"What the hell is happening? Why are you suddenly so passive? Can't you say something? This is killing me!" I screamed, ignoring the burning sensation on my throat. I'm tired, confused and conflicted. Ha, I might actually go insane.

Mina turned to me, taking a deep breath before finally speaking.

"Sorry."

One word and nothing else followed. I felt my heart drop. I felt confused more than ever.

"Why?" I whispered under my breath but I know that the silence in the room made it possible for her to hear me.

"Sorry..." She paused. Something flashed on her eyes and I am certain that I know that that emotion is. Guilt. "Sorry for the things that are about to happen."

---

"How are you, my lovely daughter?" I instantly felt anger build up in my system when I saw my father's disgusting grin. I scowled at him. His face immediately became stoic and even more threatening.

"Now if I were you, my darling, I wouldn't show that kind of attitude." He said, his voice laced with venom. I felt myself froze on the spot. After all the facades that I've put up, I am still afraid of my father.

"What do you want?" I asked, barely audible. I hate being in the same room as him. Memories of the past come back to me every time like recurring nightmares. They're always there. They never left me especially in my sleep.

"Nothing, I just want to check on you." He gave me another smile. "I just want to check if you're still alive. I wouldn't want to disappoint my client. His order was clear, he wants you alive and unscratched."

I jolt up at his words. Client? What does he mean by that? So it's not him who wants me after all? Or is this just one of his many games?

"Who?" I said, a little louder that before. "Who is that client? Tell me! Are you messing with my mind? If yes then tough luck, my mind's already a mess."

"Oh sweetheart, I'm pretty sure the moment you find out who my client is, you're absolutely gonna go insane." He chuckled darkly. "By the way, have you eaten? I hope Mina fed you well because my client wouldn't want to know that we're starving you."

"You didn't answer my question." I said, gritting my teeth. I am beyond mad right now. Tired, yes, but still mad.

"You want to know who my client is, huh?" I watch the corner of his lips pull up into a smirk. "Are you really sure you can take it?"

"What the hell?!" I yelled. "Enough running around, tell me! I want to know. I want to know what your client wants from me."

"Everything." He chuckled. "He wants everything from you. He wants to own you."

I gulped. The seriousness in his voice is enough to make me falter.

"No one can own me." I mumbled. "Only Yoshi can."

He broke out into fits of laughter as if mocking words. "Only Yoshi, huh?"

Then and there, the door opened revealing one of his men. He whispered something to my father who in turn looked at me and gave me a menacing smirk.

"You said you wanted to meet my client, right?" He playfully said. "Well then, I guess today is your lucky day. He's here to see you. My client is here to check on you."

Curiosity filled my body. Am I still afraid? Of course, I am. But the fact that I am going to meet the person who's making a hell out of my life is putting me on the edge. I just want to give that person a piece of my mind. I am not some kind of toy that he can just decide to play with. I am a human with feelings.

I kept my eyes on the ground. The door opened and I saw a familiar set of sneakers on the doorway. It was so familiar that I almost fainted on the spot. I felt sick. I felt all the blood on my body go. I didn't want to accept this. I slowly lifted my gaze only to meet his eyes. I feel lost.

"Why...." I sobbed quietly, shaking as I speak.

"Hello, love." I lost it. I broke down. Disappointment, fear, confusion. This must be a dream. A lot of questions began running around my mind but only one stood out... why?

.

.

.

.

"Yoshi."

Why is the person that I call the love of my life standing in front of me looking at me as if I am a prey?

---

Hey, sorry I was supposed to update yesterday but I didn't know what to write and I ended up not being able to write at all hehe.

We're down to the last 3 chapters already!!! What do you think is going to happen now? Any guess? Hmm?

Have a good night/day!

P. S. I'm in love with Beautiful. Don't forget to vote for Treasure on SMA and also, FULL ALBUM ON JAN 11.