Second Muster: Chapter 50

Start from the beginning

The stucture turns into a wooden monster and starts to screech like a maniac. Jungkook leaving the wooden house triggered a spell and this is the outcome.

"We can't fight this. It's too big. I say we make a run," Jungkook suggested and started tracing any scent that's familiar to him.

He faces north where the thick forest is. "This way! There will be no causalties if we go this path," he says and they both sprint into that direction.

And immediately, the creature sensed them and started running after them.

"Fuck! I don't wanna die!" Lisa exclaims while matching Jungkook's speed.

"We aren't. Just trust me," he says hoping she would trust him like he trusted her.

"I do trust you," she then confirms.

Branches of trees are whipping everywhere. The creature's loud thuds against the ground notifies them that the chase has just began.

"We need to run faster. I can trace someone's scent this way. I think it's Taehyung's," Jungkook finally manages to tell who's scent he's following.

With vampire speed, they've covered hectars of lands. Miles and miles of forestry and still the creature's nearing them.

Taehyung felt someone's presence and stands up. He spread his wings and flies up into the midnight sky to see who they are and spots a large wooden creature running. It seems like it's after someone so he looks closer to see Jungkook and Lisa dodging a log as they run for their life.

Taehyung then flies back to his post and notifies someone to carry the message to Namjoon. Which was given action immediately as Namjoon instructs the soldiers outside to man the gate tightly.

After quite some time, Jungkook leaps and lands on Taehyung post with the cracking of the rock he's perched on, Lisa following suit with a less louder cracks as she sticks her landing gracefully. Both panting and catching their breaths.

"You're alive," Jungkook retorts still oanting earning a grin from Taehyung.

"Amazing right?" he says and unsheathes his sword. His wings spread wide and bullets to where the creature is.

"He can handle that by himself. Let him have fun. Now we both need to report to whoever's in charge here. I can see they're ready. It won't be long until Selene finds out I'm gone," Jungkook starts to descend the rock and into the land where a large camp is.

Namjoon emerges from the largest tent and as soon as Jungkook sees him, he positions himself into defence mode. He knew Namjoon is an enemy so what is he doing here? But as soon as he sees Hoseok follow him out of the tent, his tensed up posture relaxes.

"Hyung!" Jungkook runs to Hoseok.

Hoseok then hugs the young vampire and pats his back.

"You're alive!" Hosoek remarks, repeating his exact words to Taheyung just a while ago. Irony.

They continue to ignore the slashing sound and cries of the monster outside the castle walls. Taehyung's warming up, he's having fun.

''King Namjoon is in command right now. We thought we'd have to go search for you," Hoseok says making Jungkook bow to Namjoon in respect.

He looks around and ignores what Hoseok said. He just pulls Lisa beside him.

"Feed her, she's starving," he said and without Lisa's confirming words, he just hands her to one of the attendants present.

"Go, eat," he says and nods to her with a smile. "Thank you," he says to her.

"It's my duty your highness," she then bows and leaves.

Jungkook seems to be restless. His eyes darts everywhere and tries to seek for someone's presence.

"Yeora's not here, she's searching for King Jimin," Hoseok answers his silent question once Namjoon leaves to go and see if Taehyung's doing just fine.

Jungkook's face falls. Hoseok saw that earning a small chuckle from him. "She just needs to find the king before he dies from drowning. She's with your father. She's worried about you. Trust me on this Jungkook. She risked her life for you. She's alive don't worry,'' Hoseok leads him inside the tent.

"I just feel guilty that you all have to go through this battle just beacuse of me. She nearly died becausse of me," Jungkook sits down and lets Hoseok massage his neck where he's so tensed up.

"Loosen up merprince, she'll do it for you again with no second thoughts. We'll all be here for you," Hoseok encourages him. "Seeing you here without any wounds would aopeace her," she adds.

Jungkook only nods and smiles at him. "Now, get some rest. Selene might arrive anytime soon. You'll need all the strength you can have. Good thing we camped here, the lagoon is nearby. Go!" he then pushes Jungkook out of the tent again.

"We'll be ready," Jungkook nods with confidence.

"We will," Hoseok matches his confidence with his.

•••

Edited

Congratulations to Bangtan for their awards just this day!

We're down to a few chapters.
This book is finally ending.

Thank you for all the love and support. Thsi book gas been stuck for so long and I'm sorrg about that. I was just stuck in this ugly feeling these couple of months.

I've been getting better, still getting better 😊

-Haeun♥