Second Muster: Chapter 45

***

***

Neutral grounds

Selene asked to meet them at a neautral ground through a letter but never has she imagined it to be where she found Taehyung. In the middle of the dessert. In this very place, the barren land. She does know that powerful creatures lurks in here. That's the reason why she herself chose to hunt here. Yeora just doesn't know what Selene's true motives as to why she chose this place.

The throng of soldiers, knights, merpeople and allies has come to her aid. Thousands has come to fight with her and for the king. All is quiet, no one talks, just the wind whirling around. The moon is up and the sky is scattered with stars. As chilly as it is, the wind is just enough to calm the nerves everyone has been feeling. They're facing an unknown enemy and her powers are unknown to them.

All are getting warmed up to get ready for their enemy but no one is in sight. Taehyung stands beside her, wind tousling his hair. He remembers every second him and Yeora first met here. Now, they're here for a battle. He intends to keep her safe even though it means he sacrifices his own life.

"Are you sure she's here?" Taehyung ask Yeora. Her eyes are fixated on the moon.

"She's here, I can sense it. But Jimin is not. Im worried," she says under her breath.

Taehyung looks at the far front when a gust of wind sweeps before them. Selene has finally appeared. For the very first time, Yeora gets a glimpse of the moon's daughter. From afar, a human eye can't even study her features but for a celestial vampire, this distance is enough to see her hatred towards Yeora.

"You really are one brave celestial vampire to even show up," Selene speaks.

Yeora can smell her anger. And Selene can sense Jungkook.

"So you've finally brought my prince," Selene adds.

Jungkook almost gags at Selene's words. He never liked her, never entertained her let alone wants to be her husband. Just because her father saved his and mother's lives doesn't mean he's indebted to her.

"You mean my prince?" Yeora smirks.

Jungkook smiles warmly as Yeora is claiming him as hers. From the throng of knights, he's hidden. Wearing a knight's cloak and full armor together with his water sword inside his small jar, in a liquid form. Lisa is infront in her invisible form. Guarding in line with Yeora and Taehyung. Perfect for a look out. The king of Poseidon is just behind Yeora and Taehyung.

That statement made Selene madder than she already is. She hates it that Yeora is taking this lightly. But Yeora isn't, she's just tryng to push her buttons and see how she reacts if she claims Jungkook more. Yeora is right, she is crazy inlove with Jungkook.

"Where's my king if I may ask?" Yeora proclaims her next claim, king Jimin.

Selene fumes in anger, to her it only seems like Yeora is claiming everything.

"Oh he's around here somewhere. Can't you sense him?" she answered back.

Taehyung takes the opportunity to let his blue eyes sweep through the grounds. Selene is still alone and no one is beside her so he just taps his finger over his sword's handle. Lisa on the other hand feels something different.

"My queen, wolves are coming," Lisa says.

As soon as she finishes her statement, the scent if wolves and a howl is heard. Thousands of wolves are coming forth. Large ones, with barred teeth, saliva falling from their mouths as they run to their positions.

Wolves, it just make sense, they howl in loyalty at the moon.

"Why haven't I thought of that?" Yeora smirks.

Those aren't just normal wolves, they're strong ones. Tranforms into human forms and are enemy to vampires. Selene knew that, she took advantage of it and gathered packs of wolves herself. Creatures and vampires are hidden within the throng. The stinking smell of wolves hidden their presence. There are thousands of them too, matching Yeora's number.

"We're almost the same number your highness," Taehyung reports.

Yeora nods in acknowledgement. Selene won't back down, never.

"So what is your proposal queen of the celestial?" Selene cut as the wolves settle into their positions, eyes flashing, growls getting louder, sharp teeth showing.

"You know there will be no trading happening, we will get the king from you till death," Yeora challenges.

Selene laughs at her challenge. "Come on your highness. You really challenge me? I already killed you and your child once," she declares knocking air from her lungs.

What does she mean by that?

Selene seemed to sense her confusion so she takes it upon herself to enlighten her. This will only fuel Yeora's urge to fight and that Selene has no idea what she's getting herself into.

"I poisoned Mihyeon's mind and suggested her to kill your unborn child. I was that witch your cousin Jennie caught. I was the one who killed your son! Ultimately, I was the one driving that car who hit you several times in the human realm. I was confused at first why I'm getting back at that specific moment for so many timea, then I realized your lover has been going back and forth in time to save you. I've also shortened the blood moon in hopes of killing you. But I think so much luck is within you that you can't even die," she raises her shoulders mockingly.

Yeora was about to attack her but Taehyung stopped her, gripping her wrist tightly.

"No your majesty, this is what she wants. Please contain your anger," he reminded her.

For a few minutes, she tries to pull her hand away but decided to just calm herself down. She reminds herself that attacking head on will put Jimin's life in danger. She cracks her neck and smiled instead.

"Correction. You, almost killed me. Nothing worked, what makes you think it'll work this time?" she laughs.

Selene's frustration got the best of her and signals the wolves to attack.

"Wrong move," Taehyung readies himself.

All of Yeora's men got ready, waiting for Yeora's command to attack.

Yeora places an electrified barrier 10 feet away from them. The wolves that got there first instantly turned into ashes, whines of pain is ringing loud at the barren land. Now that the number of the wolves has decreased, Yeora knew it's time.

"GO FORTH AND SAVE OUR KING!"

•••

edited