Chapter 36 - Family Fued

| Savanna |

It felt like I was in a never ending cycle of falling unconscious and waking up with a sore body and aching head. Instead of feeling the usual comfort of my bed and the peace and quiet, I heard shuffling and mutters making me wake up sooner than I think everyone expected. I slowly opened my eyes, groaning at the feeling of my literal body cracking. I opened my eyes to see a literal crowd of my family ahead of me, arguing, including my grandma.

"She's up!" My mom exclaimed as everybody turned to look at me as if I were an animal in a zoo.

I rubbed my head frowning at the feeling of a plaster attached to my forehead, I looked down to see my arm was bandaged slightly and I had newly formed scratches on my leg.

"W-what happened?" I felt so out of place, I had forgotten what had landed me in this position. "You don't remember?" She asked as she came and sat next to me, a look of worry on her face.

I paused for a few seconds, briefly taking in the small injuries I had sustained and instantly everything flew back to me. Andrea, the running, Nancy, Jason, the explosion. Everything.

"Nancy, where is she? Is she okay?" I quickly asked, looking over at my dad and back at my mom again.

My mom smiled, "She is okay princesa, we made sure she was checked by the doctor and home safe. No tienes que preocuparte por ella, preocuparte por ti, mi amor (You don't need to worry about her, worry about yourself my love- Spanish)" She explained, holding her hand in mine as I slowly sighed in relief hearing Nancy was okay. I knew I had to call her as I probably owed her floods of apologies, I just hoped she didn't hate me.

"How are you feeling Savanna? Any pain?" My dad spoke up making me slowly look over at him. "Certo che ha dolore Aldo! Non fare domande stupide alla ragazza (Of course she is in pain Aldo! Don't ask the girl stupid questions- Italian)" My grandma spoke, anger in her voice as she looked up at my dad.

As soon as I made eye contact with him, I felt my heart fall to the pit of my stomach. I remembered everything Andrea told me and it made me feel horrible. I didn't know if I was more angry or upset at the fact that my parents hid such a huge piece of information from me, that was literally about me. To make it all so much worse, I had to find out from somebody who practically hated me, I think that's where my anger came in.

"I'm fine, can I go and see Nancy?" I said standing up, almost rushing my speech because I felt anger rushing through me the longer I sat here acting like everything was okay. My parents looked at me confused along with everyone else in the room. "You don't want to rest? You should-"

"Rest? Like I've been doing for the past 2 weeks? Also because of you" I snapped, looking directly at my dad who continued to look at me with confusion.

"What do you mean Sav?"

This was it, I couldn't hold it in any longer. "When were you going to tell me that the entire reason why I was being attacked was because you made a deal with some people that you couldn't keep?" I asked. Instantly, their faces dropped to surprise.

"It's not as it seems-" I shook my head, cutting my dad of from speaking, denying, "Please just be honesty with me, for once, tell me the truth because it's too late now to continue lying to me." My voice sounded strained, tired and broken as I tried to get my words out without crying.

"I knew this would happen. None of you listened to me when I said she needed to know the truth! Stupido! (Stupid- Italian)" Grandma spoke up again, filling the silence.

This was horrible. I had never felt this way towards my parents, I had never doubted them the way I was right now.

I watched as my mom looked over at my dad who still kept his hold on me, he had a look of sympathy to his face. "That deal was made before you were born, Savanna, do you understand that? Your father and I were vulnerable and alone and we weren't prepared to give you up so we did the only thing we could, we made a deal that we now regret and that is why you are still with us, we would never let you go." My mom explained making me look over at her.