Chapter 4 - Bad Boys

| Savanna |

After my meltdown about dancing with a criminal and my parents literally letting me, I found my way towards a much less crowded area, away from people trying to ask me about my dad. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed talking, but a lot of the people here genuinely only cared about one thing and that one thing was money.

I sighed as I turned and looked out of the window that actually had a pretty nice view considering we were in the middle of nowhere. Bright city lights always made up for it.

"I'm a little shocked to see you all alone." I turned around to the voice and a smile appeared on my face as I saw the waiter who served me the drink at the entrance that was quickly taken off me by my mom.

"There's probably a bunch of old people looking for me" I told him making him laugh. He was tall and had blonde hair which was styled a little messy and I was sure it was because he was serving all night and was tired. "What about you? Why are you hiding?" I asked raising my brows.

"Is that even a question?" He replied before we both laughed, I nodded my head in agreement because I couldn't imagine how tiring his job probably was.

"I bet you'd love to get away Huh?"

"You have no idea" He replied, sighing. I looked around, everybody was too busy amongst themselves so I knew I wasn't going to be missed just yet. "Do you want a break?" I asked, raising my brow at him as he gave me a confused look.

"My break isn't until-" I laughed shaking my head at his answer, "You deserve your break now, come with me" I grinned before I walked away hoping he'd follow.

We walked past the crowds of people, avoiding my parents mostly as they would have a lot of questions as to why I was sneaking off. We left the main ballroom before we were met with the grand stairs that overlooked the lobby/entrance. A waiter walked past with a tray of drinks ready to serve those who were inside, I took this as my opportunity to taste a little bit of alcohol tonight since I didn't drink often. I knew I was underage but this was nothing compared to the crimes some of these guests had committed just to get wealthy.

The shade.

"Here you go" I said, handing the boy a Champaign glass before taking one for myself and thanking the waiter who quickly left.

He hesitantly took it making me smile, "I promise I won't tell if you won't" I grinned, he knew I wasn't allowed to drink considering my mom literally exposed me in front of him as soon as I walked in.

We both walked down the stairs towards the entrance but I was quick to drag him away with me once seeing my grandmother entering with her guard. She was so boujie it made me laugh. I knew if she saw me wondering off, especially with a glass of champaign in my hand she'd go crazy. I walked through the back door which was a smaller exit probably used for those who worked here, but it led out to a beautifully lit up walkway that led out to a small wooden bridge. Their was a pond beneath it with all types of plants surrounding it and I could have sworn I saw a Swan but that could have just been my already alcohol filled brain; I was a light weight clearly.

"I didn't even know this place existed" He said as he walked along with me to the bridge where we stopped, both leaning against it whilst looking out the water that almost looked lit up because of the lights surrounding it. "I have a good eye, clearly" I joked making him laugh.

"I didn't get a chance to catch your name," I paused, turning my head to look at him. He looked at me chuckling, "I don't normally get asked that, I'm Jacob" He replied.

"It's nice to meet you Jacob, I'm glad I have somebody to get away with tonight"

"I'll be honest, I was surprised to see you actually talking to me. No offence but a lot of the people here are quite... snobby towards waiters" He continued making me slowly nod, I knew not everybody was nasty towards people who worked for them but this place was filled with different personalities. That meant not everybody was going to be the nicest of people.