Chapter 14 - Comebacks

| Savanna |

I felt nervous for some reason. I had snuck out before, it was such a teenager thing to do when you had parents who had a strict side to them; it also didn't help that they were Mafia but you get the point, there were times I had to bend the rules just to have fun. I had never been caught though, I prided myself in that but then again, I never snuck out after being attacked; it was always because it was a little late and I knew my parents wouldn't allow me to go party at 3am when I had just partied the night before and come home massively off my head. I wasn't very tactile you see, I just couldn't lie. But anyway, this was a lot more nerve racking because I wasn't sneaking away from my family home that I had grown up in and my friends had access to, I was sneaking out of Jason McCanns home and I hadn't even spent 72 hours in it yet. I didn't know a single thing about where to go.

That's why I was getting increasingly nervous.

I walked out of my college building and walked along the path that led to the car park where a black SUV Escalade was parked out ready for me to get in. At the passenger side stood a tall man, he was black, he had tattoos and he wore sunglasses and chains; he was definitely a friend of Jason's. I approached him as he smiled at me, a friendly smile actually. "You are Savanna right? I just tried to get some chick in the car with me and I realised half way that it wasn't you" He explained instantly making me laugh.

Jason's friends had a fun personality, I liked it.

"I'm Savanna this time" I told him with a grin as he laughed nodding his head.

"You ready to go?" He asked, stepping aside. I slowly nodded, "Where's Jason?" I asked, he was always disappearing which I wasn't always happy about.

"He had a couple things he needed to handle so I was elected driver for you today... that cool?" He continued making me smile nodding. He took my books from my hands which made me thank him even though it was not necessary, before he opened the door for me and I got in. I had to step up pretty high just to get in which I heard him chuckle about before he shut the door behind me. He walked around and got in to his side before he looked down at the two books he took from me, turning them. "Biology huh? You smart smart eh?" He said with a little shock in his voice.

"You know I actually attended college..." he trailed off making me raise my eyebrows in surprise, not shock, just surprise. "For a day" he ended before we both burst out in to laughter.

"Oh my name is Brandon by the way, I forgot to tell you that" He said making me nod and laugh once again, I was laughing a lot with him which was a good thing.

As he began to drive, he suddenly frowned looking at me as he stopped at the exit of the car park. "You hungry?" He asked, continuing to frown. I laughed, "A little" I told him honestly. I loved food and I loved eating with people, I didn't care who, I wasn't shy when it came to it but I hadn't eaten properly since being here because I just didn't feel up to it.

"Okay we got Urth Cafe or... In N Out" He really thought I was going to eat a salad and be done with the day? I looked at him like he was crazy, "Do you think I'm crazy? In N Out please" I told him before he laughed.

"That's what I like to hear" he chanted before he sped off in the opposite direction.

We arrived, we ate, we laughed like crazy people and we ate some more.

"I'm impressed Barbie, you ain't so Barbie after all" He had developed a new nickname for me, Barbie, as he said he judged me too soon to be another California Barbie and that was the perfect time for me to say the most annoying line 'I'm not like the other girls'; which was so untrue because I was the most basic girl out there, just with a little bit of added flavour and humour.