Chapter 9

New Update! No vote goal this week since I haven't finished chapter 10, I have a lot of homework and university applications are kicking my ass but hopefully I'll have an update by Thursday. We're so close to 600 votes everyone! Thank you so much <3

Chapter is dedicated to rosexmusk_ ! I love you SO much and your comments and votes genuinely made my day today, I loved seeing your notifs while I was doing my homework!

Lots of love <3

Chapter 9

Callista

She looked at the phone in astonishment before quickly returning it to her ear. "Paris? Is that you? Where are you?" She demanded more than asked.

His voice didn't sound quite the same; it was more tired and he might've been trying to disguise his voice behind a voice simulator, but it must've been broken or cracked because she could faintly hear his accent peeking through.

"Paris?" She asked again when her earlier questions received no response.

She heard a noise on the other end of the phone; it sounded like someone shouting. "Leave, and don't come back." Was the only reply she received before the call ended and she was met with silence.

Calla stared at the phone in disbelief. What the fuck just happened?

She scoffed. Leave and don't come back? Like hell she's leaving now, she thought. Cryptic motherfucker. It was never something to consider. Her brother should know better than to tell her what to do, especially in times like this.

She slammed the phone down on its receiver in frustration and ran her hands through her damp hair, the tangles latching onto her fingers making her head ached at the sudden tug.

Paris was playing a dangerous game. The question is, what kind of game is he playing?

Just then, the phone rang once again. Thinking that it must've been Paris calling again, she immediately picked up.

"Hello?" She answered breathlessly. "Enough with the cryptic bullshit, tell me where you are, I'll come to you."

"Do you always answer phone calls that way?" A voice that was definitely not Paris's replied. "Because really, you might get into trouble. The person on the other end might take you up on your suggestion."

"Oh." She muttered dejectedly. "Gabriel."

There was a pause on the other line. "The one and only. Who were you expecting was going to call you?"

"No one." She answered back coolly. He didn't need to know what happened a few moments ago. It was as if it never happened. "So where are you guys?" She asked, making it seem as if she was expecting Blake to call.

All too soon the humor vanished from his voice and was replaced by a colder and more serious tone. "Ah, I understand. You were expecting young Blake."

"Of course I was." She replied, sitting down on a one-seater high-backed chair next to the telephone. "And you can hardly call Blake young, he's only a few months older than me. It's you who's too old, Arsenio."

"Well, not too old." Gabriel mused. "I understand women these days prefer older and more sophisticated men. It's no wonder I've been so sought after." He joked. At that, she rolled her eyes.

"Where's Blake?" She asked, trying to steer the conversation back in the right direction.

Calla could practically see him shrug through the phone. "He's working." He said. She raised an eyebrow.