Chapter 4

AHHH we reached the vote goal in a day tysm *insert puppy dog eyes emoji* Here's a new update! Lots of love <3

Chapter 4

Gabriel

"She wasn't supposed to be here for another few hours." Blake said so quietly to himself that Gabriel barely heard him, sounding distressed.

He would have to ask him about that later, they couldn't afford cold feet on any kind of mission, he thought as his eyes continued to follow the woman he'd spent the better part of yesterday learning everything about. From the strands of her honey-brown hair to the measurements of her slender physique, wide hips, and onto her hobbies and capabilities as an agent and person all in black ink.

He watched as she moved around the area, gathering her belongings and looking around. She looked exhausted, he couldn't help but notice as his eyes continued to watch her. She looked worse for wear and neither he nor Blake knew why, Cassandra didn't give any specifics as to why she went rogue.

Everything about his mission was sealed shut behind classified files. What little he did know all came from Callista Drakos' personal file and that was that. Cassandra, when asked, merely said that it didn't matter why, she just needed to die.

"Come on." Gabriel said to Blake once she had disappeared from sight. "You can go ahead to the hotel, I'll tail her and see where she's checked in."

"No, we should let her be." Blake said firmly, to which Gabriel raised an eyebrow towards. "It doesn't matter if you tail her or not, we can always just get the information from my source here later. No need to waste time to actually follow her." He explained calmly.

"How can you be sure that the information from your source is so reliable?" He countered. "This way, we can be certain. It's her in the flesh."

Blake only shook his head. "He's reliable, trust me." Blake said with finality and Gabriel was inclined to believe him since he was his partner chosen for the mission.

Gabriel shrugged, relenting. "All right, if you think so." He said. Technically, he should be the one making the final decisions here but he was too exhausted and frankly, too far gone from caring. He'd sworn to never kill again after... what happened. He wasn't particularly excited about having to do it again.

"Let's go?" Gabriel asked, prompting Blake.

"You go ahead. I think I forgot my wallet back on the plane." Blake said with his eyebrows furrowed, patting down his pants pockets.

"Are you always this forgetful, Blakey?" Gabriel asked in amusement, an eyebrow raised.

Blake only rolled his eyes. "No, if I was, Cassandra would've never even considered sending me for this mission. She'd pummel me to the ground, you know that woman."

"I do." Gabriel said, though he most definitely did not know her the same way that he did, he thought as he worried at his lip.

"Seriously, you go ahead." Blake said, already turning his back to him from whence they came. "I know you're exhausted. I'll catch up to you later."

"Okay, I'll meet you at the suite." Gabriel said in farewell before turning away from him and walking away.

***

Blake

He walked away, making the motions of heading back to the jet they had used to come here, waiting for Gabriel to disappear out of the doors of the airport before promptly bolting and sprinting towards where he had last seen Calla disappear off to.