Dinner Parties and Eye-Shagging

Start from the beginning

I sat down next to Harry and across from Ron. 

"Something to drink?" The waiter asked us.

"Four butterbeers, please." Hermione answered. He wrote it down and headed away from the table.

I looked over to Harry to see his attention fully on Professor Slughorn. Weird. 

I turned back to look around at the bar. My eyes landed on Draco. He and I held eye contact for a second before he rushed off towards the back corner of the tavern.

Every chance I get I try to find him and see if I can get him to open up about what's going on. Everytime he manages to make a excuse and hurry off somewhere.

I continued to scan the room. Ginny and Dean sat in the corner, talking and laughing over two butterbeers.

"Oh, bloody hell." Ron said as he looked over to his sister and classmate. "Slick git."

"Honestly Ronald, their only holding hands." Hermione defended. Her blank expression changed a moment later.

I turned back to see Ginny and Dean making out.

"And snogging." I added in. Ron looked like he was either about to kill Dean or throw up.

"I'd like to leave." Ron said quickly.

"What? You can't be serious."

"That happens to be my sister."

"So?"

"So?" Hermione asked seeming rather offended. "What if she looked over here and saw you snogging me? Would you expect her to get up and leave?"

We all turned to Hermione in surpise. I had to stifle a laugh as Hermione and Ron's faces both turned bright red and they avoided eye contact with each other.

"Hey, my boy!" Slughorn greeted Harry as he came over to our table. 

"Hello, sir. Wonderfulto see you."

I was a little confused as to why Harry was so exited to see our potions professor. 

"What brings you here?" Harry asked him.

"The Three Broomsticks and I go way back, further than I care to admit." Slughorn laughed drowsily. "I can remeber when it was One Broomstick."

He leaned to the side and spilled some of his bourban on Hermione.

"Oh! All hands on deck, Granger." He exclaimed as he tried to rebalance himself. Hermione didn't share his bright expression.

"Listen, my boy, in the old days I used to throw together the occssinoal supper party for the select student or two. Would you be game?" Slughorn asked Harry.

"I'd consider it an honour, sir."

He turned to Hermione who was still cleaning up the mess he made.

"You'd be welcome too, Granger."

"I'd be delighted, sir." She forced out with a fake smile. Slughorn bought it. He turned to me next.

Oh no, please don't ask me.

"And Ms. l/n. You of course are invited."

I put on a convicing smile. "I'd love to attend. Thank you."

"Why of course!"

Not that Professor Slughorn isn't a great teacher or anything, but hes not exactly the type of person I'd want to hold a conversation with for more then a miniute or two.

He said his goodbyes and stumbled over to another students table.

"What are you playing at?" Ron asked. We all turned to Harry to see why hes being so buddy buddy with the new potions professor.