A Bittersweet Reunion

"Can I see her now?"

harry pov

I read over the Daily Prophet as I took a sip of my coffee. I try to spend as little time at the Dursley's as possible so if that means sitting in a coffee shop in a subway all day, that's fine by me.

Millennium Bridge Disaster

Wizards in the Muggle Word cause Chaos

Where is the Chosen One now?

The wizarding world has been falling apart since the Azkaban mass breakout. Voldermort's army is growing bigger by the day.

Some of his deatheater's have been attacking muggles. They're putting the entire wizarding world at risk.

Lucious Malfoy Sent to Azkaban

Muggle death toll rises

"Harry Potter. Who's Harry Potter?" I lowered the paper to see the waitress reading it.

"Oh, no one. Bit of a tosser, really."

"Funny, that paper of yours. Couple nights ago, I could've sworn I saw a picture move."

"Really?"

"Thought I was going around the twist." She laughed.

Muggles really can be clueless.

I looked out the coffee shop window. A man in long blue robes stood in front of a huge lingere sign.

Not just any man, Dumbledore?

I walked out of the coffee shop to go stand by him. See what he was doing in a muggle subway and not at Hogwarts, preparing for the new year.

"You've been reckless this summer, Harry." He said without looking away from the sign.

"I like riding around on trains. Takes my mind off things."

Which was true. y/n hasn't owled me once this summer. I'm not mad, just worried. It may be just her father up to his usual scrutiny but I don't think it is.

I owled Ron and Hermione last night. Usually they're quick to respond and I get an answer within the hour. It's been about 16 and still nothing.

"Now Harry, we have two matters to attend to. Take my arm."

Dumbledore raised his arm to apparate. I took a final look at the coffee shop I had spent most my summer at before grabbing on.

I felt a spinning sensation and I had to fight to keep my coffee down. My feet hit the pavement hard and I had to steady myself on a nearby lamp pole.

"Did we really just apparate?"

"Indeed. You did very well for your first time. Most people vomit."