Dobby

"May you rest in peace

"May you rest in peace."

y/n pov

I landed on the wet sand of a beach.

I cried out as the saltwater got into the cuts on my arm. I hadn't realized until now how much pain I was in until this very moment.

Harry, who had landed a few feet from me, rushed over as he heard me. He carefully took my arm in his hand and looked over the words.

"Blood traitor Rockwood." He repeated. "The next time I see that bloody hag of a troll of a witch, I'm going to-"

"Let's just hope there isn't a next time." I cut him off. He sighed and tried his best to form a sympathetic smile.

"Are you ok?"

"I will be. Are Hermione and the others ok?"

I slowly sat up and looked in there direction. Ron had pulled Hermione into a tight hug.

"H-harry Potter." Dobby said weakly.

We all turned to him. He was hunched over about twenty feet away from us, clutching his stomach. When he moved his shaky hands, they were covered in blood.

Harry looked to me, to make sure I was ok, before rushing over to his friend.

Dobby fell into Harry's arms once he had reached him. Harry tossed a bloody knife to the ground, the knife Bellatrix had throw.

"Dobby. No, just...hold on." Harry tried to comfort as he held Dobby's hand to his wound to stop the bleeding.

Ron, Hermione, and I made our way over to the two of them, making sure to leave Harry his space. If Dobby really is going to die right now, it's Harry he should be with.

"Just hold on, ok? We'll-we'll fix you. Hermione will have something."

I looked to Hermione. She shook her head, no, tears slipping from her eyes. The tears started to flood down my cheeks as well.

"Hermione." Harry repeated, his voice breaking.

"Such a beautiful place....to be with friends." Dobby quivered. His breathing became slow. "Dobby is happy.....to be with his friend...Harry Potter."

Dobby's eyes went rigid as he took his last breath.

Luna kneeled down next to them. "We should close his eyes. Don't you think?" She asked warily.

Harry only nodded.

Luna slowly reached over and used two fingers to close Dobby's eyelids, for the last time.

"There. Now he could be sleeping."

"I want to bury him, properly, without magic." Harry said after a few moments of silent tears.

I looked down at Dobby's frail body.

Wordlessly, I pulled my wand out of my pocket, and into the air. It's the least I could do for the beautiful life we lost today.

The life of Dobby, a free elf.

~

I watched as Harry shoveled the last of the sand out of the shallow grave he had dug for Dobby.

I've never been to a muggle styled funeral before.

Hermione carried up Dobby's body, which she had wrapped in a small white pillowcase.

She handed him carefully to Harry, who took a final look at him before lowering him into the grave.

The four of us each kneeled in the sand on oppisite sides of the small grave. We each took handfuls of sand to cover Dobby until it was full enough to be considered a complete burial.

A small stone had been placed at one end of it.

While Harry dug the hole, I used the knife to carve into the stone.

Here lies Dobby

a friend, hero, and free elf

We all stared at the grave of our friend.

"Should someone say something?" Hermione asked. We all looked to Harry for approval, he nodded, not looking away from the stone.

I looked to Harry to see if he would volunteer. He was to busy mourning the loss of his friend.

"I will." I said after a few moments of silence. "Dobby has been a friend to me since I was young, playing with Draco and I while our parents neglected their responsibilities. I've done nothing for him to owe his life in place of what could have been mine and yet he still has to pay the price. Dobby was good, brave. Everything one hopes to be. Everything I hope to be, and for that I admire him. So Dobby......may you rest in peace."

A single tear rolled down my cheek as I said the last part.

We all looked to Harry next. He knew Dobby better than any of us, he's the one who held Dobby during his last breath.

"May you rest in peace."

~

3rd person pov

Albus Dumbledore had been buried on a small island, just off the shore of Hogwarts, his rightful home.

In the many months since his death, his grave had only been opened once, tonight.

The tomb lid slowly slid off the stones it lie on.

The coffin door broke open as a powerful spell was shot at it.

Voldermort reached down into the grave to quickly pull something out. The elder wand had been buried with Dumbledore, lying on his chest.

As Voldermort turn the wand in his hand, he felt the power erupt within him. How could anyone even try to defeat him with the power he now posses?

That's not really the question everyone's wondering right now.

The lingering thought that seems to be stuck on everyone's mind is...

"Where is the chosen one now?"

----------------------------------------

(984 Words - Published January 21, 2021)

What a miserable way to end of Deathly Hallows part one.

Anyways, we're moving on up.

The final 12 chapters of Her.

Can you beleive it?

I can't. It seems like I only started writing Her yesterday, and yet it has been almost four months. You have all stayed with me through my horribly written third year chapters to the spicy chapters to the sad chapters. And for all of that I cannot thank you all enough. Ily.

- nat