The Fat Lady

"A future Lilly and James?"

y/ns pov

"Now remeber, these visits to Hogsmede are a privellage. Should your behavior reflect poorly on the school in any way, that privellage shall not be extended again." Mcgonagall lectured.

I stood with Hermione and Ron waiting to see if Harry could get his permission slip signed by Mcgonagall, those awful muggles he lives with refused to sign it.

"No permisson form signed, no visiting Hogsmede. Thats the rule Potter." Mcgonagalls voice tore me out of my thoughts. 

"But Professor," Harry pleaded "I thought if maybe you signed it, I could go."

"Only a parent or guardian can sign, and since I am neither It would be inappropriate." she gave him a look of sympathy. "Im sorry Potter, thats my final word."

Harry turned to us and sighed "You all go ahead I'll be fine"

"Are you sure?" I asked. 

He nodded "Yeah, have fun" he said as he walked back to the castle. We watched him walk back in before catching up with the group.

harry pov

I was upset I couldnt go to Hogsmede but the peace and quiet was nice. I walked out on the bridge connecting the forbidden forest to the back of the castle. I leaned my arms on the window and let myself get lost in my thoughts.

"You really shouldn't be out here alone" a voice said

I turned to see Professor Lupin. "Those dementors are nasty creatures and something tells me you dont exactly know how to defend yourself against them." I shook my head no.

"Dementors are tricky, they feed off of our worst memories, our pain becomes there power." he explained

"When the dementor attacked me on the train, I heard a woman, screaming. I think it mightve been my mother from the night she was murdered." 

He leaned his arms on the window next to me and looked out at the black lake.

"You know Harry, the very first time I saw you I recognized you immediately, not by your scar, but by your eyes." I looked towards him. "Their your mother, Lilly's."

My eyes widened. "You knew my mother?" I asked.

He chuckled "Yes. Your mother was the only one there for me at a time when no one else was. Not only was she a brilliant witch, but she was uncommonly kind. She had a knack for seeing the beauty in others."

Hearing him talk about my mother like that brought a smile to my face. When adults talk to me about my parents, they only ever tell me that they were good people, never any discriptions.

"Your father James on the other hand," he continued "He had a certain talent for trouble. A talent rumor has it, he has passed on to you." 

He looked at me with a reassuring smile. "Youre more like them then you know, Harry. In time you'll come to see just how much"