Tom Marvalo Riddle

Start from the beginning

As I transported into the memory, I made sure to pay attention to every detail of where we were.

Wool's Orphanage

"I admit some confuison upon receiving your letter, Mr. Dumbledore. In all the years Tom's been here, he's never once had a family visitor." Said a tired looking lady. 

She led a much younger Dumbledore up a flight of stairs and paused in front of a door.

She lowered her voice. "There have been incidents with the other children. Nasty things. Just...be aware."

With that, she pulled open the door. "T-tom, you have a visitor."

Inside the room was a small bed with a little boy sitting on it. Tom Riddle.

"How do you do, Tom?" Dumbledore asked as he entered the room. There were many odd things about the room. 

A line of rocks layed out across the window sill, a picture of the ocean tucked behind the door, and a book filled with torn away pages.

Tom turned to face the window.

Dumbledore looked to the small wardrobe in the side of the room. He ran his fingers across it,

"Don't." Said Tom, just as Dumbledore was about to open it.

Dumbledore looked at him in suprise. How did he know he was about to open the closet? And what's in the closet he didn't want him to see?

"You're the doctor aren't you?" Tom asked.

"No. I am a Professor."

"I don't beleive you. She wants me looked at. They think I'm different."

"Well, perhaps they're right."

"I'm not mad."

"Hogwarts is not a place for mad people. Hogwarts is a school. A school of magic."

Tom looked the slightest bit intrigued.

"You can do things, can't you, Tom? Things other children can't"

"I can make things move without touching them. I can make animals do what I want without training them. I can make bad things happen to people who are mean to me. I can make them hurt. Who are you?"

"Well, I'm like you, Tom. I'm different."

"Prove it."

The wardrobe behind them set aflame. Tom looked impressed.

"I think there's something in your wardrobe trying to get out, Tom."

Tom got up and moved over to the wardrobe. He looked at it with uncertainty. He pulled open the door to see a small metal box sitting inside.

The fire stopped. Tom pulled out the box.

"Theivery is not tolerated at Hogwarts, Tom."

Tom looked down shamefully. 

"At Hogwarts, you'll learn not only how to use magic, but how to control it. You understand me?"

Tom nodded.

Dumbledore looked pleased. He began to make his way out of the room.

"I can speak to snakes too. They find me."

Fear etched across Dumbledore's face. 

"They whisper things. Is that normal for someone like me?"

Before Dumbledore could answer him, everything around us started swirling. The memory had ended.

"Did you know, sir? Then?"