𝟝

It was a quiet day in the TARDIS, while the doctor was working on repairs to the console you and the others were left to your own devices.
The doctor of course was thinking of doing any thing but repairs, which wasn't a good thing since he was trying to repair some of the wiring in the main column. He wouldn't admit it but he knew deep down he was more of a coward than his last regenerations something you would know quite well since you'd been traveling with him since his exile to earth in his 3rd incarnation.
But he was also thinking of his love for you, another thing he wouldn't admit to you. It started when he regenerated before, he knew it was love because you never acted like he changed, obviously adapting to the personality played a factor but you still treated him the same regardless.
He looked down at the small pendant he wore, a little anniversary gift from you on your 6th year of traveling together. As he looked down at it, his head immediately shot up at the sound of you coming into the console room, when you almost fell over laughing the doctor he awkwardly blushed before climbing off the console, he didn't know but he had one knee resting on the console and the other was turned out balancing him.
"Did you come in here just to laugh at me?"
He straightened his coat, feeling like a total teenager as he waited for you to calm down slightly
"No, just came to see if you needed some help"
You took notice of his awkward stance, He set down the tool he had in his hand
"Oh I don't think so, your company is most appreciated"
He started to push buttons, making the TARDIS make this horrible wheezing sound much more painful then dematerialization wheeze.
When you came up and hugged him from behind, the doctor blushed but hid it well.
He remembered all the other times you showed him affection, it was always different with you though, his other companions would hug him, or hold his hand but when you would hug him, or hold his hand the warmth of your hands would linger in his, he would always find an excuse to hold your hand when you were exploring planets.
Of course the other three knew that both of you were hopelessly in love but they also knew that they couldn't interfere, the doctor would turn into a bumbling mess at the mention of the possibility he was in love with you or vice versa.
Neither of you knew it but the other three were anxiously watching from the corridors, Nyssa and Tegan were both rooting for the two of you to get together, so was Adric but he was also very tired of the doctors pining for you.
The doctor turned around and hugged you back, leaning against the console.
He admired your features for a moment, your e/c color seemed to glimmer in the light, the light smile playing on your lips as you watched him, watching you.
You were about to speak when a siren started going off
"How strange"
The doctor remarked when he suddenly turned around studying the computer
"The TARDIS seemed to turn off the siren on her own, like she didn't mean for it to turn on"
Now it was your turn to blush as realization hit you first, it took a moment until the doctor realized but when he turned back to you Tegan shouted
"Oh just Kiss already!"
He leaned forward and pressed his lips against yours  tentatively, no matter how in the moment you were you could still hear the cheers of your fellow companions
"Finally!"
"Yay!"
"What are you all cheering for?"