clouds (pt. 1)

A/n: I am just as aching as all of you are following the news about Jesy. However, I am glad she decided to finally choose her own happiness over anyone else's. Little Mix's purpose stands strong, for power and unity, and what Jesy did was a powerful move. If I could, I would thank RCA for allowing her to leave; I don't want to imagine what she had to go through with the previous label. Sending nothing but love and big cuddles to Jesminda, who will, with no doubt, forever be a part of little mix and a main character in my stories. This story, specifically, was written a couple of weeks ago. It's shorter than August, and as of now, consists of two more parts that I will publish soon. I thought we could all use some distractions right now. Hope you'll enjoy it:)

~*~

It has been the worst morning Perrie had had ever since moving to her own house. She was up late last night trying to finish a series on Netflix, ended up falling asleep halfway through the final episode and missed the ending despite her efforts. As a result of that, she slept through her alarm this morning, and woke up only when the sunlight brightened her living room walls, which she knew meant she was going to be very late for work. So there she was, only twenty minutes ago, running back and forth from her bedroom and bathroom, making occasional stops at the kitchen, trying to make herself look as decent as possible in the very little time she had. There were still dirty dishes left from the night before, she forgot to take out the clean clothes from the washing machine and put them in the dryer before going to sleep so surely they will smell soon, and it appears that, as a desperate cry for attention, Hatchi peed on the floor right next to Perrie's bedroom door. As Perrie finally steps out of her house, she realizes just how cold the weather has gotten recently, and how thin are the clothes she is wearing. There is nothing she wants more than to get in her car and drive, and is willing to get to the office dressed exactly as she is right now if that means being late in a way that will only get her disapproving looks from her boss, and not a talk in her office. However, as she takes a step forward towards her parked car, Perrie remembers that due to Covid restrictions, the window in her office always has to stay open and so she will be freezing all day. There she goes, takes that same step, but now backwards instead of forward, enters the house and puts on a couple more layers of clothing. Then, she walks outside, almost forgets to lock the door because of how nervous and frustrated she is, and steps towards her car. As if everything that just went on inside the house wasn't enough, Perrie swears under her breath when she sees that the windshield of her car is covered with a solid layer of ice. Having moved to the east coast only this summer after growing up in the west coast, this is a problem Perrie hasn't foreseen and does not know how to handle.

Quick thinking is what's needed at the moment, but how is she even supposed to do that when all she can think about is how Nelson is going to fire her without blinking an eye? Why is she always stoking fires when trying to put them out, how come is it possible for one person to screw up so often and so constantly? Perrie isn't trying to get herself fired, or kicked out of her house by the landlord, but it seems like that is exactly the direction where things are going. She gets in the car, starts it, puts the air conditioning on and waits for the ice to melt, but a few seconds of waiting are enough to tell that this is going to take way too long. So she steps out of the car and tries using her bare hands to remove the ice. Her fingers ache due to the cold, and without any progress made, she gives up on this method. Next, she pulls out her phone in order to search for some quick solutions, and reads that using a credit card could help remove the frost. As she tries her best to get results whilst avoiding breaking the plastic card, she curses the day she agreed to move across the country for a job she should have known she won't last at. Six months have already passed, and she still doesn't have anyone in here, not one friend or a single family member that she can call to get some help.