august (pt. 5)

july

No complaints can be made on Jade's behalf regarding her decision to stay on campus during the summer semester. She takes genuine interest in the classes she has chosen, and these will definitely be a benefiting addition to her resume in the future. The best thing about taking them is how she doesn't feel drained and tired all the time, like she did during the past two semesters. Summer courses, as it turns out, are much more interesting and fun compared to the regular ones. In her spare time, Jade sees Perrie or meets up with friends, and while she does miss home, she really couldn't ask for anything more. With it being July, the anniversary of the day Perrie and her first met is approaching, and it is constantly on Jade's mind. She loves celebrating dates that mark days in which her world became richer and her heart swell, and so she has decided that this day should be celebrated with a romantic outing somewhere where Perrie and her would be free to be affectionate with each other. The best idea she has come up with so far is taking a trip together, going to a different state or city where nobody knows them, making memories and going on adventures that they will cherish forever.

The problem with scheduling this trip, however, is that it needs to be done soon. There are only two weeks between the end of the summer semester and beginning of the fall one, and they are approaching quickly. Jade is yet to talk about this with Perrie, because she originally wanted this to be a surprise, but is now coming to the conclusion that the logistics of making it happen are too much for one person only. Now, as Jade is laying by Perrie's side, she can feel Perrie starting to wake up. With it being a Sunday, they slept in, and one of the best aspects of staying here for the summer is waking up next to each other. It is only possible thanks to Jesy and Leigh-Anne, who brought up the idea of Leigh-Anne moving into Jesy and Jade's dorm, and Jade moving out to be with Perrie. It probably is against the university's rules, but it's summer and those are their last days of living on campus so none of it matters much as this point. Over the past month since Jade moved into Perrie's dorm, Jade has learnt how much Perrie truly means it when she says she loves her sleep. It takes her forever to get out of bed in the morning, but Jade doesn't mind. If anything, she is grateful to have a couple more minutes with Perrie every morning when it's just the two of them. Today, though, Perrie has had more than enough sleep so Jade doesn't fear talking to her about something that truly matters right when she wakes up.

"Good morning," she tells Perrie and cuddles into her. Before they moved into the same dorm, Jade didn't know how much she was missing when she was not receiving loving cuddles every night.

"Morning," Perrie replies in a tired voice and lazily kisses Jade's head.

"I need to talk to you about something," Jade begins as Perrie lets out a yawn that makes her laugh. There is something so special about seeing her waking up with no patience or energy at all, and feeling her want to cuddle and relax in Jade's arms. It makes Jade feel wanted, and like she really knows the true Perrie.

"What is it?" Perrie asks, and she sounds a bit more awake, but not yet completely sober of sleep.

"The anniversary of the day we met is in a month, and I really want to do something to celebrate. I was thinking that maybe we could go on a trip together, if you want to. What do you think?"

"I think it's a good idea," Perrie answers with the sweetest voice and even makes Jade's heart beat a little faster. One thing that is so unique about the dynamics between them is how every conversation turns into a mess of feelings, no matter how boring or casual the topic of it is. "But I'm not sure if we have the time. We only have like, what, two weeks between the end of this semester and the beginning of the next one? That's not a lot of time at all, and we're probably going to want to visit our families back home and all of that. I'm not sure how it could all fit in in such a short break."