Air Temple Part 2

Start from the beginning

"What is it?" Aang asked, the airball tucked under his left arm as Katara responded quickly. Sokka brushing off the snow and me trying to help him.

"Uh- just a new waterbending move I learned.." Katara answered.

The lie fell like lead off her tongue but she managed to trick Aang enough.

"Nice one! But enough practicing we have a whole temple to see- er- uh- visit!" Aang  answered his voice filled with optimism.

"You know you can't protect him forever" Sokka warned.

I nodded quoting Aang,

"Yeah, we have a whole temple to see- maybe we can lighten the load?" I offered my advice teetering on my tongue, my thoughts telling me the same.

----------------

As we walked through the temple I was surprised to say the least when I found said cat-owl.

The little darling was hardly big enough to be even a month old.

Aang had told me that they were usually much larger.

But this one wasn't even the size of a arctic hen egg.

It was a Girl.

I crouched down feeling its heartbeat better.

Aang called behind me.

I exited out the large hallway holding the shaking creature close. It stopped shaking pulling into my chest.

I found as I ran my hands over it the image of it copied in my mind my waterbending, sensing the water in its body and creating a shape in my mind..

Though colorless, I found that its ears and eyes we yet to open and it was far to small to be a normal cat-owl.

Perhaps a runt?

"I want you to meet somebody!" Aang said brightly.

Sokka and I spoke at the same time.

"Who's that?" We said simultaneously.

"Monk Gyatso, the greatest airbender in the world. He taught me everything I know!" Aang bowed.

He stayed like that for several seconds.

"You must miss him" Katara said examining the statue.

"Yeah..." Aang pondered.

He stepped up the stairs which I had found the cat-owl in.

"Where are you going?" Katara asked as he stopped temporarily.

"The air temple sanctuary. There's someone I'm ready to meet." Aang answered his tone damp.

Katara looked to Sokka who shrugged.

As we walked through a hallway, I heard a chirp/meow. All heads turned around confused.

"What was that?" Sokka asked.

"Nothing!" I said scared he'd take the little one away. Whom I'd grown attached to.

"Lyra!" Katara scolded sounding like mom.

"Fine.." I caved revealing the little creature I held at my chest.

"What is it?" Katara cooed as Aang watched gleefully. He'd already fallen in love with the creature after I had shown him.

"Aw, it's adorable!" Katara cooed as the cat owl chick yawned.

"Sokka, please!" I begged.

Sokka stood with his arms crossed finally allowing himself to cave,

"Fineeee." He drawled.

I cheered hugging him as best I could.

"But, you havee to promise me one thing." Sokka stated as Katara and Aang stopped to watch.

I nodded eagerly, expecting something along the lines of it being my responsibility.

Instead Sokka held his stomach,

"Get me some food!" He groaned.

I grinned tossing him the bag of seaweed squares I was carrying on my belt.

"Ew!" Sokka said as soon as he opened the bag the stench of seaweed hitting his nose.

"Hey! You wanted something to eat!" I protested as he returned the bag to me.

"I meant meat!" He groaned sadly.

I turned away and continued forward until Aang spotted a door.

Katara brought up a valid point.

"Aang, no one could've survived in there for a hundred years." Katara pointed out.

"It's not impossible, I survived in the iceberg for that long." Aang said.

"Good point." Katara agreed.

"Katara, whoever's in there might help me figure out this avatar thing!" Aang hoped.

"And whoever's in there might have a delicious medley of cured meats!" Sokka said eagerly. Rubbing his palms together in anticipation and ran straight towards the. Locked. Door.

What a genius.

Sooo here's another chapter out I hope you guys enjoyed it. Anyway stay safe and healthy. Have a good day! I'll see you next time, my Bookworms. Until the next one!
-Rose