Ninth Stage: Betrayal

It happened during broad daylight. The betrayal of one of the five great Nations. Kurotsuchi wasn't the best Tsuchikage. Far from it. She just wasn't ready for the hat when the war was over but she had to take it because the hat ran in the family. She downed it and what ensued were bad business deals with the wrong type of organization which racked up debt for her to pay. Missions were low since peace was reigning and now she had to raise tax money which was bleeding a hole in her people's pocket. They demanded their economy to go back to normal or else things would be falling into a pit of despair. 

But the organization had a request which would put her and her people out of debt. Two children wanted for experiments and possibly breeding studs in the future. Boruto and Shikadai Namikaze. Naruto's children. The organization had a source on the inside of Kumogakure which leaked them the details of the children and they tried to kidnap them three years ago but it failed. Now that they were wandering around the village unguarded it was ripe for the taking. 

Children of Jinchuriki were said to have a lot of advantages when it came to their biology. They wanted to dissect them, harvest their sperm, breed an elite force of secondary Jinchuriki. Children with Jinchuriki DNA were in demand and since Naruto was the only Jinchuriki who had kids then he was the only option. Kurotsuchi refused, appalled by the thought but they had her in a rock and a hard palce. Her village was collapsing and she needed a solution now.

"If this plan fails then we're going to be kicked out of the alliance." She said to a squad of her Special Forces. "But we'll be able to build back our economy. So by any means necessary bring them back and don't reveal your identity." 

"Yes Tsuchikage-sama." They dispelled to lie in wait for when the children were off on there own.

****************

Boruto and Shikdai could feel the eyes piercing into their back, they were natural born sensors and everything around was sensitive. At first they thought it had to do with their parents but when they went separate ways the eyes were still there. They were in Cho-Cho's house playing. They had done their search and hadn't found anything interesting. Mostly just little of what Sasuke and Sakura had. Rumors about their father and mother. Whispers of the wind.

'They should just give up. They could never break their mother's resolve, father made sure of it eight years ago.' Boruto thought spinning the ball in his hand. He saw how Cho-Cho made eyes at his brother, she was cute but a bit ditsy. And her mother didn't see the importance of being a ninja if they were in peace. If Ninjas were to stop being shinobi then how would things work, just because the shinobi villages were in peace with each other didn't mean the rest of the world was safe. 

"Cho-Cho, listen to us." Boruto said suddenly becoming serious. Her features showed a slight fear but steeled in resolve. "Go hide somewhere and quell your chakra."

"Are we being attacked." She asked fearfully, Shikadai shook his head.

"They don't want you they want us." He placed a hand on his back and sent out two bursts of chakra, Boruto felt the code and so should their parents. Cho-Cho dashed upstairs looking back at her new found friends to see them smile reassuringly before gesturing to her to go. As soon as she disappeared, the living room windows were shattered by men in black all wearing the same bear Anbu mask. 

They stood back to back and combined their shadow. "Nara Clan Secret Art: Puppet Defense." They said in unison. Their shadows darkened and rose from the ground taking the shape of their parents. The Anbu didn't wait and launched their assault. The shadow puppets attacked as well using various forms of shadow attacks to keep them at bay, they were just kids. No matter how big their chakra reserve was they couldn't control all of it. The puppet was the only shadow art they managed to perfect it since it was the first their mother taught them right after shadow possession.