11 ~ No Luck

Luke's POV

"Lucas Patterson, the song is about you." 

My jaw drops and my eyes widen. Did I just hear her correctly? There's no way that song was about me. Alex was right? I don't realize I'm just standing there shocked until she speaks again. Talking as fast as she can. 

"You um don't have to say anything. I understand you don't feel the same way it was stupid of me to write that song, I should have known you don't like me in that way and thats totally fine. You're a ghost, I'm not, it'd never work out. I just really couldn't help but get all of these feelings out but now they're out in the open I'm done lying to you and we'll uh I guess that's that. Let's just pretend it never happened. Poof, it's gone haha never happened." At the end of her rant I can't help but laugh. She looks at me confused. "What? Did I stumble my words or-" 

"No" I laugh. "It's just, uh, I don't want to forget it happened. Julie, of course I feel the same way. I thought I was being so obvious. I thought there was no way you could ever feel the same way about me." I say, looking down to the floor. "I just don't know what to do. Its so complicated. There are so many other guys, LIVING guys who would be so great for you." I lower my voice to a whisper. "I could never let you settle for me" I let a few tears fall from my eyes. Julie comes right up to me, wiping to the tears off of my face and lifting my head so that I'm looking into her eyes. 

"Settle for you?" She matches my whisper "Luke, you're the best thing that's happened to me in a while, maybe even the best thing that's happened to me ever." Both her hands are cupped around my face. We both lean in. Closer, closer, closer. Then she's hit with a jolt. More tears fall from my eyes as I catch her collapsing body in my arms.

 I lift her and sit her down on the couch in her room. I kneel in front her. 

"I'm fine" she's says placing her hands on my shoulders. I pull her in for a hug. "I'd love to talk more about this, but maybe we should wait until everything with Caleb is taken care of." I pull away and look up at her.

"Yeah you're right." I say, things are already complicated enough. She nods her head. 

"Can I ask you something?" She says.

"Of course" I answer

"Why did you leave me after thinking the song was for nick?" She asks

"I had to get all my feelings out, I had to write. I went out to the studio and wrote a song, a- about you" I say. She smiles

"I'll have to hear this song soon" she says. I laugh.

"Don't worry, i can arrange that." I say. I pull her in for another hug, just wanting to be as close to her as possible.

Reggie's POV

*earlier that morning*

Alex and I just poofed to the beach and are waiting for Willie. 

"You think it was a good idea to leave Luke and Julie alone? I don't want any... accidents" I say. 

"Well, maybe it'll help them actually confess their obvious love for each other. And ew reg." Alex says. I don't care what he says, I don't trust them. 

We hear a skateboard in the distance and look to see willie approaching us, 

"Hey hotdog." He says to alex with a smile. I smirk at Alex's blush. Again, how am I so single?

"You guys ready for step one of the plan?" I say, breaking their ✨intense eye contact✨. Oh wow. Since Julie and Flynn introduced me to emojis, I guess I think in them now.